• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Postgame thoughts. Preseason game 2

ncfan

- It was a disappointing performance we were unable to build off of the positive play vs the Colts last week

- In reality our 1st quarter was quite good when our #1's were out there we looked solid

- 2nd half offense was unwatchable - most of these players (Ivey, Hogan, Monteiro) are 3rd string and will be cut in a week

- We need a FB 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Everyone that has seen him in practice

The practices you called controlled drills, which are a joke?

So suddenly its ok to evaluate a player from the practices. As long as its not Darnold.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And I dont feel like multi-quoting, but that statement about them not trusting him wasn't difficult to understand...

Mostly because it makes no sense at all.  Darnold not playing more is not a sign of not trusting him.  Darnold playing more is not a sign of trusting him.

• Pie 2

13 hours ago, NiceDreams said:

Take this for what it's worth, coming from a Jets fan who watched Sam for the past 3 years. He 100% stared down his first read and waited until Robby got open. A big part of playing QB is between the ears and Sam just doesn't process information quickly enough to be a quality first string NFL QB. If there is one thing that became obvious to our entire fanbase after watching him over the past 3 years it's this.....If Sam's first read is not open, bad things tend to happen more often than not. Best of luck to you guys this year and hopefully Ruhle can squeeze some lemonade out of lemons from the QB position.

And take this from a Former Jets fan :

The Jets will ruin Zach Wilson.  ENJOY.

2 minutes ago, NiceDreams said:

Players either have it or they don't. The whole "insert franchise" ruined "insert player" is a fallacy, IMO.

surrrre.     Let's go with that, buddy.  😏

Zach could end up being yet another Mark Sanchez (but without the weapons to help him succeed his first two seasons).    Good Luck...pffft!

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

The practices you called controlled drills, which are a joke?

So suddenly its ok to evaluate a player from the practices. As long as its not Darnold.

Mostly because it makes no sense at all.  Darnold not playing more is not a sign of not trusting him.  Darnold playing more is not a sign of trusting him.

I'm not entertaining nonsense.

You know the difference between CMC and Darnold.  One is proven in this league and is with the same team he was drafted by, in his second year in this offense.  One has been a bust, in a new offense, with a new team.  One has nothing to prove, unless you're trying to create something for the sake of arguing.  The other has everything to prove.  I think its pretty clear what you've done in that regard here.

I never used a triple negative in a sentence or statement nor was I unclear about the point I was making, so it's clear you're just being purposely obtuse, especially after I clarified it a second time.

The end.  Have fun with your strawman.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm not entertaining nonsense.

You know the difference between CMC and Darnold.  One is proven in this league and is with the same team he was drafted by, in his second year in this offense.  One has been a bust, in a new offense, with a new team.  One has nothing to prove, unless you're trying to create something for the sake of arguing.  The other has everything to prove.  I think its pretty clear what you've done in that regard here.

I never used a triple negative in a sentence or statement nor was I unclear about the point I was making, so it's clear you're just being purposely obtuse, especially after I clarified it a second time.

The end.  Have fun with your strawman.

Maybe you should move on if you can't tell I am not actually advocating that CMC should be playing.

I just think you don't understand how little value preseason games hold in todays NFL after the advent of joint practices.

Your point just seems mostly.  Stupid.  It basically boils down to "Darnold should be playing because I want to personally see him play".  It doesn't actually add anything.

Chemistry?  Chemistry with who?  2nd and 3rd stringers?  The 1st stringers aren't playing as a unit, so he would not be getting chemistry with people that matter.  Like he does in the join practices.

New offense with a new team?  They aren't running the actual Panther playbook.  Its always a scaled back version of what they would run in a regular season.  So needing to "get used to the new playbook" or offense is irrelevant, because he wouldnt be getting used to it even if he did play.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Why is he held out of the preseason games if they are the same thing as joint practices? Spoiler: it’s bc the games aren’t the same as joint practices 

Wut?

You’re saying because he hasn’t played in the games it’s somehow hypocritical to participate in joint practices. 

And

You incorrectly assert that “games and practices are equal” was ever stated by anyone but you.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I just think you don't understand how little value preseason games hold in todays NFL after the advent of joint practices.

I don’t think Bill Belichick understands football as well as you then…

He had joint practices this week. 

and then he played his starters for multiple series.  Because his team is no longer proven on O at the QB spot going into this season. Reps are needed. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Maybe you should move on if you can't tell I am not actually advocating that CMC should be playing.

Your point just seems mostly.  Stupid.  It basically boils down to "Darnold should be playing because I want to personally see him play".  It doesn't actually add anything.

Chemistry?  Chemistry with who?  2nd and 3rd stringers?  The 1st stringers aren't playing as a unit, so he would not be getting chemistry with people that matter.  Like he does in the join practices.

New offense with a new team?  They aren't running the actual Panther playbook.  Its always a scaled back version of what they would run in a regular season.  So needing to "get used to the new playbook" or offense is irrelevant, because he wouldnt be getting used to it even if he did play.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Even in that post, you conflated the points I was making so you could serve up some more heaping helpings of "gotcha!" rebuttals to poo I wasn't even saying or debating.😂

I said nothing of chemistry.  You brought that up yourself.

I never said whether you did or didn't want CMC to play.  But now that you have said that you did, then why are you haggling me so much over me wanting to see Darnold play?  Yes, I want to see him play myself with a new team and in this offense.  And I already acknowledged they're running dumbed down, vanilla versions of plays and schemes in preseason before you typed that up in your most recent reply.  But, even with those generic versions of playcalling, you still gain experience and a feel for everything with new teammates.  And if I'm not mistaken, many of the ones stayed out there for the next series after Darnold sat.  Would you now like to argue that there's no point in the joint practices bc they don't want to show them their "real" playbook then either?  😂  Seems like you have the time on your hands and could get some mileage out of it.

So again, what are you arguing?  You're not...  You're just simply arguing for the sake of arguing.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Wut?

You’re saying because he hasn’t played in the games it’s somehow hypocritical to participate in joint practices. 

And

You incorrectly assert that “games and practices are equal” was ever stated by anyone but you.

It’s not hypocritical, it’s simply a break in logic. My whole point was that Sam needs preseason game reps and someone (not sure if that was you or not, don’t track usernames) said that he’s not playing Bc he doesn’t have his starting 5 OL healthy. Someone also said that he doesn’t need game reps bc they have joint practices… where he also doesn’t have his starting 5 OL. So which is it? Are joint practices the same as preseason games and it’s bs Sam can practice there but not games or are games different then the practices and it’s stupid to not give Sam those reps? They can’t be different and the same based on whichever argument youre in at the time