• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With God as My Witness, I Will Appreciate this Manifestly Above-average Draft Class.

Steves89

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

great post OP

I was thinking this exact same thing the other night. We absolutely nailed this draft class and last years is no slouch either. 

This makes me extremely optimistic for the future 

Ya'll need to stop doing this to yourselves. This draft class has suited up for a combined 0 games. I agree there is a lot of promise with the group but the level of victory laps being taken over our grand success is completely unwarranted. 

This is how you get people calling 6th rounders "busts."

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

2020 is turing out to be a nice haul too. 

I think the 2020 class will hinge on YGM's development. Brown is likely to be above average as his floor and Chinn appears to be a top 10-15 at his position as his floor. If YGM can develop into at least an above average NFL starter, that will be an exceptional draft class. 

Pride, Robinson, Roy and STO provided some decent roster filler material, which is about as good as you can expect from that part of the draft. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Ya'll need to stop doing this to yourselves. This draft class has suited up for a combined 0 games. I agree there is a lot of promise with the group but the level of victory laps being taken over our grand success is completely unwarranted. 

This is how you get people calling 6th rounders "busts."

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-l

Man some of you guys are way too upset by other people's optimism.  

Personally I think this draft class is going to be excellent and I choose to believe that until I'm given a good reason to think otherwise.  But I mean if kvetching is someone's happy place who am I to judge, heh.

Edited by mwright350
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

19 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

Disappointed in Horn? Maybe it’s time to go back into the cocoon.

We haven't seen him on the field much, and he DID play a little handsy early in camp, so I will allow that he could not be excited about Horn. And besides, he says that he's "really not that disappointed." Let's wait until he gets that first pick against the Jets, and then Steves89 can get as excited as he pleases!

Jaycee Horn - Frankly the pick I am most disappointed by, and I am really not that disappointed. He is in all likelihood an above-average starter from day one and has a chance to be a perennial pro-bowler. Swipe right on this dude. 

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 1

I think the optimism is warranted. Since Rhule has been here our picks have been solid for the most part.  2020 has many starters and contributors to this team.  2021 has had many of our picks making plays.  Not just one or two but many and I won't believe it is just because they are playing against the backups.  

I am not promoting rookie of the year honors for any of them but IMO they will contribute.  Some more than others but they'll contribute.