• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

Just now, top dawg said:

It would've been better if it had been a little longer.

I don't know why some of you don't appreciate Robby. I don't get it at all.

I appreciate Robby. He’s not a 15 million dollar receiver. He’s a 3-4 sturdy will do in a pinch receiver. He’s not a generation talent, he’s not an elite receiver. He’s a 5-8 yard out route will catch. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 8

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

Would be a mistake imo. DJ is on the brink of being elite.

But its not uncommon for teams to stack their WR groups. Atlanta, Cleveland, Steelers, Tampa, ARZ etc..

The Steelers are paying ONE WR 9M this year. The rest are one rookie deals. And they let JuJu test FA before paying him that. Not nearly the same. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

reminder, Samuel just signed a 3 year/ 34 mill deal. 

they overpaid Rhule's Robby IMO.   And now there are high odds DJ Moore walks away.  The better younger WR on the roster.  That doesn't seem smart. 

All about the structure.

• Pie 1

Just now, Harbingers said:

I appreciate Robby. He’s not a 15 million dollar receiver. He’s a 3-4 sturdy will do in a pinch receiver. He’s not a generation talent, he’s not an elite receiver. He’s a 5-8 yard out route will catch. 

Just under 15 mill isn't generational talent or even IMO elite talent at WR. It's high end quality starter money. That's what Robby is...

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Like I said. If we are paying Robby elite money. What do you think DJ is going to want? Robby isn’t elite. He’s a sturdy 3-4 stringer. 

Robby is a number 2 receiver, plain and simple. Your "3-4 stringer comment" is troll worthy. It doesn't fit his circumstances, nor does it fit his career production. He came from an absolute trainwreck where he was basically forced to be the go-to guy with less than stellar QBs and OCs (revolving door), and he's been solid all the while.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The cap is going up. That isn't going to be that much money for a WR that produces what Robby has for us. 

• Pie 3