• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Deals impact other deals.  Deals impact who ultimately stays and goes. 

I'm a DJ guy.  Said before this deal occurred, I wanted them to address DJ first and foremost.  He is the dude. 

Worth noting, DJ isn't a Rhule guy or a Fitterer guy.  Which often matters in the NFL.  

I've got no indication that Rhule or Fitt aren't high on DJ.  If he puts up another season like last year but asks for top War money, I doubt we pay him it.  If he balls out or if we get him to take top ten but not too 5 money, I think he stays a Panther.

This deal clears the way for DJs next contract though.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Deals impact other deals.  Deals impact who ultimately stays and goes. 

I'm a DJ guy.  Said before this deal occurred, I wanted them to address DJ first and foremost.  He is the dude. 

Worth noting, DJ isn't a Rhule guy or a Fitterer guy.  Which often matters in the NFL.  

and of course, then there is the whole "freakout" narrative.   Lots of people can disagree with stuff.  It doesn't mean furniture is being flipped.  It's just sports.  Bitching about stuff is half the fun of professional sports. 

I agree I like bitching too, I do it a ton. I just don't think it's reasonable to think DJ is going anywhere. I don't see anything at all that we've done (including this) that would even remotely suggest that. 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

This is exactly why I don’t like it. I mean it’s not horrible or crippling but we really need to address this oline. It would’ve been nice to use that money there instead of Robby when we have cmc, DJ and two extremely promising rookies in shi and terrace for next year. We are absolutely stacked with weapons. Everyone bitches about the oline but then we drop 20 million in gauranteed to a wr.

im guessing we’re still signing DJ. But if we don’t because of this it’s an absolutely horrendous signing.

We aren't likely to address the offensive line with big offseason signings. If you haven't noticed, we dumpster drive and draft. If that doesn't work......it just kind of is what it is.

100% disagree with that strategy but that certainly seems to be the case.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I would have rather had the money available to get a LT in FA next year if necessary but I have no concerns about the deal, especially the way its structured. I just hope we can get a top LT with the 32nd pick. 

If we're picking 32 we've solved LT, imo. Haha

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

We aren't likely to address the offensive line with big offseason signings. If you haven't noticed, we dumpster drive and draft. If that doesn't work......it just kind of is what it is.

100% disagree with that strategy but that certainly seems to be the case.

Sure it seems to be the case but it’s wrong. Fitterer also comes from Seattle and they have a horrible record of addressing the oline. To the point where RW wanted out. I’d just rather be a more balanced team as far as spending. It is what it is, I won’t bitch. Robby is a beast and I’m glad he’s here. Now if DJ doesn’t get signed? I’m gonna bitch constantly lol

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

I agree I like bitching too, I do it a ton. I just don't think it's reasonable to think DJ is going anywhere. I don't see anything at all that we've done (including this) that would even remotely suggest that. 

Robby IMO had odds of being expendable.   Marshall/Shi could of made that so.    Overall, our passing options had good odds of being strong with our without Robby.   I think they should of waited and see it play out.     

and then you take Robby's money/cap space and use it a position that really needs addressing.  Like OL, QB, LB, etc. 

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Sure it seems to be the case but it’s wrong. Fitterer also comes from Seattle and they have a horrible record of addressing the oline. To the point where RW wanted out. I’d just rather be a more balanced team as far as spending. It is what it is, I won’t bitch. Robby is a beast and I’m glad he’s here. Now if DJ doesn’t get signed? I’m gonna bitch constantly lol

Agreed. If those things transpire, this will look bad in hindsight. Right now, I have no issues with it. In a bubble, it's a pretty good deal.