• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

2 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Side note: If I didn't already know that Harbingers is the failson of a corrupt union executive, I would have sworn he was that cop who Robbie told "I'm gonna fug your wife and nut in her eye." Legend. 

Lmaooooooo

tbf I was neither saying Robby didn’t want to be here or complaining about DJ’s lack of tds (teddys fault).

id just rather spend that money on oline next year when we have a plethora of weapons already and two up and coming receivers.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

We've got 25 million in cap space this year, after the Robby signing.  Next year we're projected to have 35 mil in space, before any roll overs of the current balance.  2023 is where things get really fun, as of right now we have 154 million dollars in cap space.  I think we will be OK. 

So Robbies extension costs nothing? Because if they put 4.5M on this year, that down to 20M this year. And how is it still 34M next year with RAs contract not counting anything at all? On either year? 

I was going to read this thread…

made it 2 pages.

Some of you are not good at this.

A 2 year deal, starter money.  Not even top-15 money.  2 years.

In case you guys haven’t picked up on it yet, but the Darnold experiment will have 2 seasons to work.  

The GM has set the stage for the next 2-3 seasons.  Now it’s up to the players and coaches to go figure it out.

• Pie 6

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

How the fug did you get that out of what I said?  There is a difference between being "cheap" and using your money smartly in the right places. 

25 mil going into a season? 3 most in the NFL? Ya it’s smart not to pay a full cap when you know you aren’t going to make the dance, but still. 

8 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Lmaooooooo

tbf I was neither saying Robby didn’t want to be here or complaining about DJ’s lack of tds (teddys fault).

id just rather spend that money on oline next year when we have a plethora of weapons already and two up and coming receivers.

We should still have the space to go after OL next year, if we even can.  But this management team seems more interested in finding cheaper guys that they think have potential to become solid starters (actually like Robby) than it does investing in top flight talent.  Maybe when we are 1 player away on OL or something...

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

lol at the Shaq comment. His reworked deal allows us to save 12mil cap space if we cut him post 6/1 next year... 

OL isnt a mess... far from it. It's middle of the road and a player away from being solid. Replacing D-Jax wont cost us a dime, bc it will most likely be who is already on the roster or another draft pick. We have almost 40 million in free cap space heading into next year... We are pretty flexible.

There is no need to be a Karen.

It’s still 12.6 dead cap. Whether it’s next year or 2023, it’s gone. So it counts against both years. Affecting all that free cap space. 

What pick/player is going to make this OL solid. And how much or what pick is going to acquire him. Or a new CB. No 2nd rounder. Likely still need a QB. Plus all the roster filler that ain’t free. A new C, on top of the 9.2M Paradis already counts against it. Name one thing that isn’t accurate. You got anything else? I’ll do salary cap issues all day. I’ve got a much better track record than any Panther FO ever has. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Yea some people really struggle with what "elite" means

Okay, his guaranteed money over 3 years is about the same contract Stefon Diggs has, who I'd say is "elite."  But, if you insist on being a pedant about it. How about we just leave it at the first half of my post:

We're paying him like a #1 wide receiver. So he better perform like it on game day.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

We should still have the space to go after OL next year, if we even can.  But this management team seems more interested in finding cheaper guys that they think have potential to become solid starters (actually like Robby) than it does investing in top flight talent.  Maybe when we are 1 player away on OL or something...

Yeah we’ll see. That’s why I want brady and deonte to get starter snaps in the regular season. See how the rookies do. Put Moton on the left and brady and deonte on the right. If they lock up that right side and Moton is still good on the left we’d only have to focus on center and lg for next season. That would be huge for us.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1