• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Your way too early 2022 draft crush?

Icege

On 9/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, stirs said:

Lots of OT's rated in the top 40 picks

https://gbnreport.com/2022-gbn-big-board/

This is where the “future” contender me clashed with the hey it would be awesome to make the playoffs this year. Starting 3-0 puts us on the road to a pick in the 20s. That would be good to grab a solid C/G, likely the best in the draft. Taking the 3rd or 4th or 5th tackle tends to be risky a la Darrisaw or Dillard (or McGary/Little).

Without a 2nd/3rd, a trade down might be wise. You also have to find the right trading partner. If we had pick 15 or 16, that’s about the same as the Jets who according to a trade chart might have 33 and 45. That’s two really good C/Gs and maybe a really good C/G and a decent T prospect. If you are in the 20s, you are looking at dropping 10 or so spots to the early 2nd and picking up that team’s early 3rd. Really good C/G and a decent C/G prospect.

I think we’ll fall in the early 20s and chances are probably just pick the top OL. We can go all 3 spots.

Honestly, it may really depend on Brown and BC and how they look at the end of the year. How many OL holes will we have. Right now, technically speaking we’ve got 4 holes and the only non-Moton “starter” signed past 2022 is Elflein. Oops, sorry just threw up a little.

Before the Panthers traded for CJ it was Kaiir Elam. Obviously offensive line was the big project to fix but another corner was always the smart move for a forward thinking franchise in a division full of great X receivers. 

Now I just want a good Offensive lineman, position up in the air

Edited by ImaginaryKev

We're missing a 2nd and 3rd rounder which are usually the money rounds for premier o line talent especially interior o line.. 

Really hoping that Fitterer lands a good trade down. Otherwise we should be going BPA o line with R1 pick , 4th round on its a crapshoot  at best . 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As usual, you provide a well thought out, articulate opinion supported by evidence. 😂

As a UNC fan even I know they have never produced a legitimate QB in the NFL.

Howell doesn't have the cannon I'm looking for. Plus isn't he short? 

No thanks Jeff.