• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your way too early 2022 draft crush?

Icege

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

As a UNC fan even I know they have never produced a legitimate QB in the NFL.

Howell doesn't have the cannon I'm looking for. Plus isn't he short? 

No thanks Jeff.

The college argument is dumb. Especially with different coaches/systems. Texas Tech never produced a legitimate QB, thank God we didn’t take a risk on Patrick Mahomes right? LSU before Burrow? GTFO with that nonsense. 

• Pie 2

Talk of Sam Howell not being a first rounder is silly.  He could easily go #1.  I would take him there.  This draft is fairly weak to be honest.  Expecting the QBs to rise but so many question marks with these dudes.  I just like Howell but Corrals mobility is in demand.

The strength in this draft could be OL which is nice.

Edited by Shocker

23 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Sam Howell would be the biggest bust QB to ever come out of the state.

Why, is it the transition from that offense or bc of his height? He has a good arm and is fairly mobile, won't know if he can't process the game unless he gets in a NFL building. Worse QBs have gone in the first round in the last three years

29 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Why, is it the transition from that offense or bc of his height? He has a good arm and is fairly mobile, won't know if he can't process the game unless he gets in a NFL building. Worse QBs have gone in the first round in the last three years

I think he's small. I don't like their scheme.

One thing that has definitely hurt NFL QB development is the spread option offense and especially those stupid sideline play cards.

I just have a bad feeling about Howell. 

• Poo 1

I just think these days the QBs going in the first round are all dudes with deep arms and can run around some, and that teams that do the best job of surrounding their QBs with talent have the most success. Howell can do those things and the lack of strength at the top works in his favor to being drafted earlier in my eyes. 

Honestly I'd laugh if he's drafted by the Falcons. 

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol Howell is no Russ or Drew.

If height is his only weakness these QBs make your argument invalid. He is the same height as Baker with more weight on him. Taller than Brees, Russ, Murray, one inch shorter than Lamar with 10 more pounds, and one inch shorter than Aaron Rodgers. So it’s a dumb argument.