• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Cowboy Bebop on Netflix

Inimicus

17 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I loved the anime series and movie, but I don't have much hope for the series. There is no Ed according to IMDB which is an instant negative.

Wait what? You are joking right? The must be doing only the first couple episodes than. 

51 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

I'll just leave this here:   

Of course "Cowboy Bebop" is already inciting horny male outrage, and it hasn't even premiered yet

The men of genre fandoms don't want their scantily clad female characters messed with – so what else is new?

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/24/cowboy-bebop-netflix-faye-valentine/

I could care less about them changing Faye's outfit to look like something a woman would actually wear, but not including the funniest and perhaps best character in the anime is a travesty.

• 2 months later...

I swear if there’s no Ed the whole thing will be ruined. Trailer’s looking good though. 

My biggest concerns is they probably cut a lot of the slower(better) episodes, judging by the cast listed so far. Heavy Metal Queen better make an appearance too as well as Bohemian Rhapsody and Toys in the Attic. Sympathy For The Devil and Mushroom Samba will be missed if they cut them too. But ya they gotta go Heavy Metal Queen and Toys in the Attic. 

On 8/25/2021 at 10:50 AM, jayboogieman said:

I could care less about them changing Faye's outfit to look like something a woman would actually wear, but not including the funniest and perhaps best character in the anime is a travesty.

The rumor is Ed will be in there. I just don’t know how you find any that could come to playing the epicness that is ed. 

Just now, Harbingers said:

Ya but apparently they are keeping her close to the vest according to recent reporting. Maybe I’m just keeping up false hope. 

Maybe they are, but they did give Jet a daughter, so perhaps they are planning on switching characters or some such.

I love that Yoko Kanno did the soundtrack for the show too. The masterpiece she put together for the anime was some of the most moving music ever in cinema in my opinion. Been rocking the soundtrack all day. Cannot wait. Just don’t forget about space cowgirl Netflix. 

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Maybe they are, but they did give Jet a daughter, so perhaps they are planning on switching characters or some such.

I could see that but that would irk me. Wantanabe’s visions are so perfect, any deviation will be frowned upon, which Netflix is notorious for. We don’t need anything else in any of their stories, they are already so complete and master crafted as is. 

Jet doesn’t need a daughter unless they cut his whole Ex story line. Like really?

Plus perhaps my favorite scene in the whole damn show would make no sense under that scenario(eating baskets of hard boiled eggs, Feye doing her thing.)