• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next Extension

Jared Patterson

Who do we believe will be the next core player to get an extension from the Carolina Panthers? Will another one POP before the beginning of the season? Scott Fitterer has stated that one was very close (Robby) and another was "heating up." Who could be heating up? Also, with the cap skyrocketing and our situation, we should be able to afford most of these guys.

Options:

DJ Moore

Donte Jackson

Hassan Reddick (TEMPLE)

Jermaine Carter

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

This year? I feel we may try to extend Donte and wait till next year for DJ. We have some time with the fifth year option. Also, the way we signed Robby to two years is interesting to me...

I loved the fact that Robby was only 2 years.  He’s a great receiver, but my main concern was that he’s 28.  Didn’t want to commit to a 4 or so year extension where we’d probably end up cutting him and end up with dead money at the end.  

Yeah, next extension has to be DJ or Donte.  I have a feeling DJ is gonna blow up this year so I wouldn’t mind extending him sooner rather than later, tacking on extra years after the 5th year option like we did with CMC.  His price tag will be higher than Donte’s.  Regardless, it’s nice to see the front office extending good offensive players for the first time in awhile.

21 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Has to be DJ. I've been wondering what the plan is for him with Anderson signed now.

We can keep him for 2 seasons at a bargain, so maybe they want to see what Marshall can do before they lock him up--different type of players (Moose/Smitty comparisons) but with Shi Smith showing promise, do we pay DJ in this offense?  I am not 100% sure that is our biggest need--Burns needs money, and Reddick is a stud athlete.  Forget Jackson.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The way Fitt talked about the staggered model tells me DJ will be next year. I wonder who the other guy we are looking at to sign during this season. I know the staff absolutely loves Donte, but next years CB draft class and free agency is stacked. I doubt he gets anywhere close to what he wants unless he just goes off, but Snow said he thinks Donte can be a pro bowl CB.