• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New info on 28-3

Mr. Scot

It's not easy to blow a 25-point lead in the second half of an NFL game, but as everyone knows, the Falcons managed to do exactly that against the Patriots back in Super Bowl LI. 

Although the Falcons definitely weren't celebrating at the end of that game, it seems they were celebrating at halftime and we know that thanks to an interesting story this week from Malcolm Butler. The former Patriots defensive back now plays for the Cardinals and one of his new teammates is Robert Alford, who was playing for the Falcons in Super Bowl LI. 

During a recent interview with 12 News in Phoenix, Butler was asked if he had talked to Alford at all about the Super Bowl comeback and not only have the two talked about it, but Alford apparently told Butler that the Falcons were so confident that they were going to win that they were already celebrating at halftime. 

"I talked to him about it, I asked him if he wanted his ring back," Butler said. "He told me a story, he said he was in the locker room at halftime, he told me he was about to pop a bottle and things like that, it was so funny. And then we came back and beat them."

"I'm just imagining him at halftime," Butler said. "Robert, he's a funny guy, got a lot of energy, tells a lot of jokes, and he told me at halftime they were in there dancing and hooraying and then we came back and beat them, so I think that was pretty fun."

The fact that the Falcons were "dancing and hooraying" locker room almost makes the Super Bowl loss even more crushing, if that's even possible

Falcons started celebrating victory at halftime of the Super Bowl

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

All they had to do was run the damn ball

ha ha 

ha ha ha

haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaa!!!

28-3 #neverforget

Esteemed writer Gregg Easterbrook was fond of saying "Tis Better to Have Rushed and Lost Than Never to Have Rushed at All."