• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's life sucks and wants to make some money?

SmittysLawnGuy

K I'm 47, so I grew up in NC and left for Florida around 23 yrs. old. Worked for a defense contractor for 16 yrs. Started my own landscaping service after. Was doing well but as you guys know, your August we get 6 months a year. Takes a toll on anyone. So I dissolved the business. Been pissing around for the last few years not caring.

I've now bought a 40 ft. camper and am done with Florida. I'm moving back home next month. I have two grown kids that won't join me. Wife n I split years ago.

I have the camper and enough starting funds for my endeavor. I just really want someone to work with. Rich or poor and need to stay in the camper with me does not bother me. Just want someone dedicated to the cause. I believe it will flash big.

So what I'm looking to do is buy undervalued  (unrestricted deed) mountain lots and turn them into an oasis for camping enthusiasts. I've done my research. The money is there to be had. 

I'll be living on the property in the coach til it's ready for sell. Then I'll move to the next. I'm talking water, electric, sewer, and a deck. It will

end up being a 3x flip  after cost in a couple of months.

Going alone is not what worries me. being lonely does for sure though. Love you huddlers!  Mind you, I drink and smoke tobacco so don't let my bullshit talk fool you. Just looking for someone hungry for the ends.

For some reason, this thread makes me think of an old Chris Ledoux song.  

Well the well went dry and the cow did too
And daddy didn't know what to do
The banker came by the house one day
He said he's gonna take the farm away
Then mama came up with a plan
My brother and me started up a band
My sister put a sign on the roof
And daddy bought a case of 90 proof

There we called it the Cadillac Ranch
They're parking cars in the old bean patch
There's a bar in the barn and the place stays packed
'Til the cows come home at Cadillac Ranch

My biggest concern with this plan is that if you're looking in rural western NC, I think you may be severely underestimating the cost of developing the land. There's gonna be a LOT of grading work to be done. Utility access might be a real bitch and cost real money. Good WiFi access is going to be important for what you're talking about building good luck with that in rural WNC. What you're talking about building needs to be located nearby to key attractions, be it the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, the Great Smokies or some other major attraction. Acreage doesn't come cheap in those types of spots and you need serious acreage. If it seems really easy and cheap, then you're missing something. If it was easy and cheap with big returns then everyone would be doing it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My biggest concern with this plan is that if you're looking in rural western NC, I think you may be severely underestimating the cost of developing the land. There's gonna be a LOT of grading work to be done. Utility access might be a real bitch and cost real money. Good WiFi access is going to be important for what you're talking about building good luck with that in rural WNC. What you're talking about building needs to be located nearby to key attractions, be it the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, the Great Smokies or some other major attraction. Acreage doesn't come cheap in those types of spots and you need serious acreage. If it seems really easy and cheap, then you're missing something. If it was easy and cheap with big returns then everyone would be doing it.

F'ing brilliant. Everything you mentioned has crossed my mind. Without electric from direct road access I'm out. I'm going to to run 50 amp out to my preferred sight. Remember, I don't have to clear a lot, I'm merely making this beautiful for 1 camper. I dig the well. I bury the sewer. There's a reason rich people aren't doing it. It doesn't make soul crushing money and you don't do it in bulk. But I see an easy 250+ k with one guy at his own pace. A team could be leathel. No big acres early. .5 to 1 is fine. This only came to my mind because I can't find a camp ground to stay in at all near my aunts. Then I looked to buy one. I looked for exactly what I plan on selling and they were gone within a week. Bells rang. Bring a chainsaw and some give a shizz and you too can scrape your way up to the last days of the middle class. Pay 350 a month in HOA camp fees or buy my primo and never give a shitt again. I'm never putting my nose to the grindstone to claw my way up to middle management again.  l quit that 8 years ago. I've looked into most costs. Beauty is I'm doing nearly all of the sub leases.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Funny it would be you. I enjoy your takes more than anyone on the forum. No need to be blind to reality. Nothing wrong with skeptical criticism when blind optimism left the building long ago. (Hell that wasn't bad). Anyway. Thanks for the post.