• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets LT Becton has concussion.

top dawg

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Geez!  That's terrible.  I hate it for Becton, and I as well wish him a fully and healthy recovery.

I think most Panther fans have a different perspective on concussions as we've seen two of our best MLBs have their careers cut short by them.  

I hate it for these guys, period.  Sure they sign up for it,  they do generally get paid very well, but I still feel my stomach drop reading about these events.  I still have images of Luke sitting on a cart, crying and being completely dazed.

Yeah, that moment is forever seared into my brain. He was instantly transformed from being this larger than life figure, playing one of the toughest positions in football into looking like a scared little kid. That poo was rough to watch. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that moment is forever seared into my brain. He was instantly transformed from being this larger than life figure, playing one of the toughest positions in football into looking like a scared little kid. That poo was rough to watch. 

He's just 30 now...  the whole thing is so crazy.

Folks can say all they want to about how soft the NFL is now a days, but I don't think these guys should have to end up brain dead for my entertainment.  There are quite a few things that they can do to help reduce the risk of injury, which I'm all for.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1