• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater named starter over Drew Lock

@bonafidebanter

11 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Lock has a stronger arm but that’s about it. Which doesn’t say much for him. 

Just spoke with a hardcore Denver fan the other day, they’re all over in Utah. He said the same thing. Lock just bombed it and is a true gunslinger but that’s about it and his accuracy was horrible. To the point he was just lobbing it up all the time. Broncos are very heavily defensive minded and pretty much expect the defense to win their games.

I personally think the Broncos know they’re in rebuild mode with the offense, in which case what’s really the harm in letting TB play.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Just spoke with a hardcore Denver fan the other day, they’re all over in Utah. He said the same thing. Lock just bombed it and is a true gunslinger but that’s about it and his accuracy was horrible. To the point he was just lobbing it up all the time. Broncos are very heavily defensive minded and pretty much expect the defense to win their games.

I personally think the Broncos know they’re in rebuild mode with the offense, in which case what’s really the harm in letting TB play.

Yep. I get the Teddy hate is strong here but I’m not sure why I’m getting poo’d for that comment lol. Teddy isn’t a good QB. But unfortunately for Denver, Lock isn’t either. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 2

10 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Even during their "Super Bowl win" over the Panthers, Manning basically got his ass benched in the late 3rd or early 4th after Kony Ealy intercepted or almost intercepted a pass.

I forget the details, thats a game I never care to remember again as long as I live.

18 hours ago, t96 said:

Who's gonna start the thread about all the Pats reporters saying that Mac Jones has won the starting job? Cam lost his starting job to a scrub rookie partly because he wasn't vaccinated and had to miss a chunk of camp due to covid protocols...

Media has been trying to anoint Mac since day 1. Bill hasn't said a thing. 

16 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Media has been trying to anoint Mac since day 1. Bill hasn't said a thing. 

He did today...

Previous statements have leaned toward Newton being the starter, but that one's kind of non-committal.

Not sure what happens there but there is an awful lot of speculation from multiple sources.

18 hours ago, glitchh8 said:

Just think, we traded them a starting qb for a sixth rounder.

Teddy probably would have got a 2nd yr if he didn't throw the coaches under the bus for him missing a wide open WR for the game winner. He also showed his true colors blaming everyone else on his way out the door. Not someone I would want leading my team.

• Pie 1

Just now, NCBlu said:

Teddy probably would have got a 2nd yr if he didn't throw the coaches under the bus for him missing a wide open WR for the game winner. He also showed his true colors blaming everyone else on his way out the door. Not someone I would want leading my team.

I think it was just as much the fact it was abundantly clear he lost multiple games with his inability to push the ball down the field.  I don't think the coaches saw his arm strength magically improving, nor him getting some killer instinct.

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What does that mean?

A gunslinger, meaning he just lobs the ball up. I added true to that as that is his (only) plus aka as said, arm strength. He is a prototypical gun slinger. Just let’s it go and has his receivers fight for it.

Kind of reminds me of a poor man’s Winston. And I can’t think of many successful QBs with that style. Marino, Favre…Stafford maybe….

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1