• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater named starter over Drew Lock

@bonafidebanter

2 hours ago, BigTeddyFan said:

With Teddy winning the starting job, my prediction that Teddy will be starting in the league long after Rhule is shown the door is right on track.

You don’t let go of a QB like Teddy Icewater to hold on to a college coach who is unproven at the NFL level.

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:57 PM, BigTeddyFan said:

With Teddy winning the starting job, my prediction that Teddy will be starting in the league long after Rhule is shown the door is right on track.

You don’t let go of a QB like Teddy Icewater to hold on to a college coach who is unproven at the NFL level.

Teddy Icewater. I like it. He throws ice water on all hope.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Meanwhile in Denver...

Only preseason of course, but still worth a chuckle 😀

I'm not a big Teddy Bridgewater fan, but if he's so bad, why was he named the starter in Denver? 

For the preseason, Bridgewater's seven drives ended with six scores and he was 22-of-30 passing for 241 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions and a 130.0 rating. Nothing to sneeze at. 

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, @bonafidebanter said:

I'm not a big Teddy Bridgewater fan, but if he's so bad, why was he named the starter in Denver? 

For the preseason, Bridgewater's seven drives ended with six scores and he was 22-of-30 passing for 241 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions and a 130.0 rating. Nothing to sneeze at. 

That’s not bad but it’s only preseason. Teams really not showing all they got on defense so really hard to judge off of that.

40 minutes ago, @bonafidebanter said:

Teddy Bridgewater this preseason:

22/30 for 241 yards and 3 TD. Also has 1 carry for 2 yards. 

Drew Lock this preseason:

19/28 for 298 yards and 3 TD. Also has 4 carries for 14 yards. 

Teddy B is four years older than Lock exactly ( they were both born on the same day, four years apart), has been on multiple teams now and never stuck with any of them. He has been a middling to bottom half QB most of his career. He is the king of the checkdown. 

Teddy has been:

2014) 23rd in yards, 24th in TDs, T-14th in interceptions. 20th in QBR and 22nd in Rating.

2015) 22nd in yards, 27th in TDs, 22nd in interceptions, 17th in QBR 22nd in Rating.

2020) 17th in yards, 24th in TDs ( Minshew had more in 9 games and only 2 starters had less than Teddy), T-9th in interceptions, 17th in QBR and 22nd in Rating. 

He was brought in to push Lock for the job and he did. Lock responded tremendously to the competition playing some of his best ball. The Broncos cited Teddy's leadership as a major quality of his and Drew Lock referenced it multiple times during his presser about being named the #2 QB. The Broncos coaches are hoping a lesser QB with great leadership skills will save their jobs over the guy with more upside. 

Edited by Varking

3 hours ago, Varking said:

Teddy Bridgewater this preseason:

22/30 for 241 yards and 3 TD. Also has 1 carry for 2 yards. 

Drew Lock this preseason:

19/28 for 298 yards and 3 TD. Also has 4 carries for 14 yards. 

Teddy B is four years older than Lock exactly ( they were both born on the same day, four years apart), has been on multiple teams now and never stuck with any of them. He has been a middling to bottom half QB most of his career. He is the king of the checkdown. 

Teddy has been:

2014) 23rd in yards, 24th in TDs, T-14th in interceptions. 20th in QBR and 22nd in Rating.

2015) 22nd in yards, 27th in TDs, 22nd in interceptions, 17th in QBR 22nd in Rating.

2020) 17th in yards, 24th in TDs ( Minshew had more in 9 games and only 2 starters had less than Teddy), T-9th in interceptions, 17th in QBR and 22nd in Rating. 

He was brought in to push Lock for the job and he did. Lock responded tremendously to the competition playing some of his best ball. The Broncos cited Teddy's leadership as a major quality of his and Drew Lock referenced it multiple times during his presser about being named the #2 QB. The Broncos coaches are hoping a lesser QB with great leadership skills will save their jobs over the guy with more upside. 

Call me skeptical of his 'leadership' when it actually matters.

• Pie 1