• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kicking competition is starting

ncfan

6 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

My question is: Why were there only 5 kicks for the entire practice? 

I'm guessing it takes a few minutes to get a muscle bound dude out of the fetal position and back on his feet again.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

He seems to push everything to the right, but he has the leg to make a 70 plus yard fg. Most kickers pull it left trying to add distance, really odd. With that said, I’d prefer accuracy over distance, those intermediate misses during the course of a game are devastating.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

You are stuck in the Rivera/Hurney regime. Rhule/Fitterer don't play around

That guy is not a Panthers fan. He is a Jets fan that came over with Darnold. He literally has only known anything about this team starting in around April of this year. 

Talking team history is not going to work.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Remember when people bitched about Graham Gano not having enough leg, despite hitting a 63 yard GW FG for us? 

But we signed a guy we trot out there often to attempt such a feat and he never hit a single one. 

I don't recall people outright criticizing Gano's leg strength, but maybe more of an insinuation tied to Rivera's reluctance to let Gano attempt 50+ yard FGs...particularly in 2017 when he led the league in FG% but had only ONE attempt beyond 50 yards.  That should have been more an indictment on Rivera IMO...it was always evident (to me at least) that Gano had a strong leg.  He was pretty routinely among the top kickers for touchback percentage.  

• Pie 2