• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What realistic player would you trade DJ for?

Tommy Jone

28 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

He's not. The Panthers picked up his 5th year option. They have him until at least the end of next year.

Ok, fair enough. Forgot that one, but the player I listed was drafted one spot ahead of DJ, and has his 5th year picked up as well. So it would still work. Would you trade DJ for a quality, young LT?

As much as I’d want a quality tackle, I can’t imagine another team doing that when it’s far easier finding a WR. I think trading him for a 1st is far more likely if we actually decided not to resign him to a big deal. 

And to all the homer’s who think this is a ridiculous question, when did a non top 10 WR become untouchable?? Some of y’all are the main ones who clowned Hurney for always thinking with his heart and not his head, yet y’all are just as biased. 

• Beer 1

Picks is the answer for this hypothetical. I don't think we could effectively trade him for players in positions we need the most. Any cheap talent that we can build through the draft would be a huge boost.

Something like a 1st and 3rd would be ideal for his current value. If he blows up this year, it will be interesting.

16 minutes ago, ncfan said:

2 1sts before I even start the conversation 

That's not actually a real thing. Hopkins didn't even technically get a 1st round pick in his trade nor did Antonio Brown when he was initially shipped to the Raiders.

I said a 1st and a third but I am not sure that would even get something we could get.

I wouldn't. He'll only be 26 by the time he signs his next contract and this is a league driven by passers and receivers. The Bucs have a stacked receiving core and they added another rookie Brady has already taken under his wing. I'm tired of seeing these other motherfugers win rings.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's not actually a real thing. Hopkins didn't even technically get a 1st round pick in his trade nor did Antonio Brown when he was initially shipped to the Raiders.

I said a 1st and a third but I am not sure that would even get something we could get.

Hopkins didn’t because the Texans organization is inept.  Hence why the media raked them through the coals.

raiders got AB for cheap because the off the field issues.

Moore is young.  And a clean off the field.

17 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Hopkins didn’t because the Texans organization is inept.  Hence why the media raked them through the coals.

raiders got AB for cheap because the off the field issues.

Moore is young.  And a clean off the field.

I don't think any WR in the NFL is likely to command two 1st round picks. WR is a critical position but not many teams are going to trade more than a 1st. I can't actually recall a trade in recent memory where a WR was traded for a first round pick.