• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final 53

We're only 5 days from having to be down to our final 53. 

I am going to guess we'll keep 50 or 51 of the current 80.

With the trade of Perryman our depth at LB spot just got razor thin and I wouldn't be surprised if we sign one or two from team cuts.

I also think that, depending on who is available, we'll sign a LT.  IMO it will be an aging vet that we might get some use out of until someone is ready to take over the LT spot permanently. 

I think of the 11 draft picks. Fletcher and Hoskins are destine for the PS.  There is no way Smith or Nixon stick on the PS.  Some team will nab them.  

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We're only 5 days from having to be down to our final 53. 

I am going to guess we'll keep 50 or 51 of the current 80.

With the trade of Perryman our depth at LB spot just got razor thin and I wouldn't be surprised if we sign one or two from team cuts.

I also think that, depending on who is available, we'll sign a LT.  IMO it will be an aging vet that we might get some use out of until someone is ready to take over the LT spot permanently. 

I think of the 11 draft picks. Fletcher and Hoskins are destine for the PS.  There is no way Smith or Nixon stick on the PS.  Some team will nab them.  

Nixon hasn’t done much other than a couple of interceptions in a practice. Shi Smith has been fun to watch and Steve Smith has been talking him up along with Marshall. Shi looked good at Senior Bowl week as well and I was shocked he dropped to the 6th round. I agree, he would get signed off the practice squad by at least half the teams in the league in my opinion. Not that it matters. 

• Poo 2

3 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Nixon hasn’t done much other than a couple of interceptions in a practice. Shi Smith has been fun to watch and Steve Smith has been talking him up along with Marshall. Shi looked good at Senior Bowl week as well and I was shocked he dropped to the 6th round. I agree, he would get signed off the practice squad by at least half the teams in the league in my opinion. Not that it matters. 

Shi smith is a keeper…so is Nixon 

• Pie 7

I will be curious to see if we even bother putting Fletcher on the practice squad. What value would he actually add to any practice? 

I do think we will try and stash some WR's that will get poached. We seem to be relatively deep there, so at least one WR needy team will probably give one a try, I predict.

• Pie 2

I don’t think I can ever remember a training camp/preseason where we’ve seen so little from the team. We have to go from 80 to 53 and I can’t even make a prediction because I don’t think I’ve seen the majority of these guys touch a football.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I don’t think I can ever remember a training camp/preseason where we’ve seen so little from the team. We have to go from 80 to 53 and I can’t even make a prediction because I don’t think I’ve seen the majority of these guys touch a football.

You mean from TC or the games?

46 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This will be exactly right:

Offensive Line (9)

Paradis, Elflein, Erving, Miller, Moton, Brown, Christensen, Scott, Daley

Wide Receiver (6)

Anderson, Moore, Moore, Marshall, Smith, Zylstra

Running Backs (4)

McCaffrey, Hubbard, Bonnefon, Cannon (wr/rb)

Fullback (1)

Ricci (This could be a player picked up off waivers or Tremble)

Tight End (3)

Arnold, Thomas, Tremble (Fb/Hb)

Quarterback (2)

Darnold, Grier (Walker cut or to PS if eligible)

Defensive Tackle (4)

Brown, Jones, Roy, Nixon

Defensive End, Edge  (5)

Gross-Matos, Fox, Burns, Haynes, Reddick

Linebacker  (5)

Thompson, Carter, Luvu, Stanford, Bynes

Cornerback (4)

Horn, Jackson, Taylor, Melvin

Nickel (2)

Hartsfield, Bouye (2 game suspension)

Safety (5)

Chinn, Burris, Franklin, Chandler, Robinson

Specialties (3)

Jensen, Charlton, free agent

PS

CB Thomas-Oliver III, DT Haskins, WR Sanders, WR Bayless, RB R.Smith, RB S. Brown,  LB Johnson, LB Fisher, LB Celestin, C Tecklenburg,  TE Thompson, S Cole, QB Walker, G Horton, DE/OLB Miller

I don’t Bonnafon makes the team. With Cannon being able to play rb, wr, special teams

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

I’m terrible at predictions anyway, but our 2/3s have got all the playing time in the last two games (hence all the complaining about not playing our starters) for this very purpose, so our staff should have a very good idea 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

This will be exactly right:

Offensive Line (9)

Paradis, Elflein, Erving, Miller, Moton, Brown, Christensen, Scott, Daley

Wide Receiver (6)

Anderson, Moore, Moore, Marshall, Smith, Zylstra

Running Backs (4)

McCaffrey, Hubbard, Bonnefon, Cannon (wr/rb)

Fullback (1)

Ricci (This could be a player picked up off waivers or Tremble)

Tight End (3)

Arnold, Thomas, Tremble (Fb/Hb)

Quarterback (2)

Darnold, Grier (Walker cut or to PS if eligible)

Defensive Tackle (4)

Brown, Jones, Roy, Nixon

Defensive End, Edge  (5)

Gross-Matos, Fox, Burns, Haynes, Reddick

Linebacker  (5)

Thompson, Carter, Luvu, Stanford, Bynes

Cornerback (4)

Horn, Jackson, Taylor, Melvin

Nickel (2)

Hartsfield, Bouye (2 game suspension)

Safety (5)

Chinn, Burris, Franklin, Chandler, Robinson

Specialties (3)

Jensen, Charlton, free agent

PS

CB Thomas-Oliver III, DT Haskins, WR Sanders, WR Bayless, RB R.Smith, RB S. Brown,  LB Johnson, LB Fisher, LB Celestin, C Tecklenburg,  TE Thompson, S Cole, QB Walker, G Horton, DE/OLB Miller

Agree with most everything other than I think they will keep PJ over Grier and in lieu of keeping a FB, either Christian Miller or Phil Hoskins makes the team