• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final 53

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I will be curious to see if we even bother putting Fletcher on the practice squad. What value would he actually add to any practice? 

I do think we will try and stash some WR's that will get poached. We seem to be relatively deep there, so at least one WR needy team will probably give one a try, I predict.

You smelly the same thing I am... I think that is the starting to be the plan- put Fletcher on the PS. I dont like it, but i dont like spending draft picks on Long Safety either..

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Nixon makes the team-Hoskins to PS.

Smith makes the team as the #5 WR and possibly a returner. Smith will earn pt as he develops.  Depending on what we do about Moore, Smith could be the slot #3 WR by next season.

Ive seen a many PS heros get cut and think "WTF?!??!?!" If hoskins gets cut he will be the in that group. The last game he showed out against 2s about the same he did against 3s. I started to move him on the roster, now Im at the 50/50. Hes making havoc. There is room on my list about 3-4 open spots. Example 9-10 DL, 6-8 WR, and/or 9-10 OLmen. RB could be another where its super low 2 or carry 4. I feel strong about 48-50.....but I felt strong about perryman too.....moore I thought would have been at least on the PS squad with intentions of being called on early...The claims will be close to 2-3 as well that hurts any bubble player. Both Rhule and Finessererer talked about seeing a difference in the 3s against colts/ravens. Omar is one like Phil too. 

5 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Where has Reggie Bonnafon been this pre-season?

Nicked up and unable to play/rep. I think RB could be 2-4 maybe even with a wavier pickup. Plus teams will be using the practice squad for roster questions this year more than past years with the extra game. I doubt Bonbon would be claimed, just about all teams have a clone of him on their roster right now. I know that CMCs workload will not be 99% like during the RR/Norv years, it still will be high tho. Makes no sense to carry 3 if every week the #3 guy is inactive, plus Cannon can play RB. I'm about 95% sure he and Hubbard make the team, thats enough in my book given youre paying CMC to be a MVP..

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

What's Hoskins done to earn a roster spot?

I had a quick look at the Colts footage this afternoon. He was getting stonewalled most plays - even got pancaked on one. 

He has been extremely active and there is something there…maybe something special 

Look longer

Edited by Shocker

13 hours ago, MHS831 said:

This will be exactly right:

Offensive Line (9)

Paradis, Elflein, Erving, Miller, Moton, Brown, Christensen, Scott, Daley

Wide Receiver (6)

Anderson, Moore, Moore, Marshall, Smith, Zylstra

Running Backs (4)

McCaffrey, Hubbard, Bonnefon, Cannon (wr/rb)

Fullback (1)

Ricci (This could be a player picked up off waivers or Tremble)

Tight End (3)

Arnold, Thomas, Tremble (Fb/Hb)

Quarterback (2)

Darnold, Grier (Walker cut or to PS if eligible)

Defensive Tackle (4)

Brown, Jones, Roy, Nixon

Defensive End, Edge  (5)

Gross-Matos, Fox, Burns, Haynes, Reddick

Linebacker  (5)

Thompson, Carter, Luvu, Stanford, Bynes

Cornerback (4)

Horn, Jackson, Taylor, Melvin

Nickel (2)

Hartsfield, Bouye (2 game suspension)

Safety (5)

Chinn, Burris, Franklin, Chandler, Robinson

Specialties (3)

Jensen, Charlton, free agent

PS

CB Thomas-Oliver III, DT Haskins, WR Sanders, WR Bayless, RB R.Smith, RB S. Brown,  LB Johnson, LB Fisher, LB Celestin, C Tecklenburg,  TE Thompson, S Cole, QB Walker, G Horton, DE/OLB Miller

You forgot to mention who the kicker is. 😆

My starting point for projecting the 53 is to look at players locked up through the next year. History shows more often than not they make the cut. Of course bottom of the roster guys are less likely (Fletcher?):

Players under contract for the next 2 years:

QB- Darnold, Grier
RB- CMC, Hubbard, Brown, Clark
FB-
WR- Moore, Anderson, Marshall, Smith, Saunders, Bayless
TE- Arnold, Tremble
OT- Moton, Erving, Christensen
OG- Daley, Brown, Moore
C- Elflein

DT- Brown, Roy, Nixon, Hoskins
DE- Burns, Reddick, YGM, Fox
MLB- 
OLB- Shaq, Miller
DB- Horn, Bouye, Pride, Taylor, Thomas-Oliver
S- Chinn, Franklin, Hartsfield

Special teams: Fletcher, Charlton

14 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

My starting point for projecting the 53 is to look at players locked up through the next year. History shows more often than not they make the cut. Of course bottom of the roster guys are less likely (Fletcher?):

Players under contract for the next 2 years:

QB- Darnold, Grier
RB- CMC, Hubbard, Brown, Clark
FB-
WR- Moore, Anderson, Marshall, Smith, Saunders, Bayless
TE- Arnold, Tremble
OT- Moton, Erving, Christensen
OG- Daley, Brown, Moore
C- Elflein

DT- Brown, Roy, Nixon, Hoskins
DE- Burns, Reddick, YGM, Fox
MLB- 
OLB- Shaq, Miller
DB- Horn, Bouye, Pride, Taylor, Thomas-Oliver
S- Chinn, Franklin, Hartsfield

Special teams: Fletcher, Charlton

Looks like I missed David Moore (WR)

17 hours ago, OldhamA said:

What's Hoskins done to earn a roster spot?

I had a quick look at the Colts footage this afternoon. He was getting stonewalled most plays - even got pancaked on one. 

After the Indy game, Rhule said ,when asked about Hoskin, that he had a long way to go.  So despite his success against 2nd and 3rd team offenses.  He has a way to go to be ready to face 1st teamers.