• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Betting on Brian Burns

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It's certainly possible if the percentage of his QB hurries that become sacks jumps up. If you look at those advanced stats, he's right on the door step of video game numbers.

Hrm...I wonder what could cause that percentage to jump up? Maybe improved coverage by his secondary, giving more time for those hurries to turn into sacks? I wonder if Burns' team took the first defensive player chosen in the draft and it happened to be a db?

• Flames 1

Small market, 1PM slot games, unknown guy, bad team (until proven otherwise), "does not impact every play".

A lot of factors not in his favor. This is a decent bet for money you don't need because you want it to happen. It is not a good bet for a serious long term betting strategy (then again, high odds almost never is).

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Thorrez said:

Small market, 1PM slot games, unknown guy, bad team (until proven otherwise), "does not impact every play".

A lot of factors not in his favor. This is a decent bet for money you don't need because you want it to happen. It is not a good bet for a serious long term betting strategy (then again, high odds almost never is).

Luke won it so the market and time slot don't matter.

Watt got it twice on 9-7 teams. That's certainly in our realm.

Edited by Moo Daeng

6 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Hrm...I wonder what could cause that percentage to jump up? Maybe improved coverage by his secondary, giving more time for those hurries to turn into sacks? I wonder if Burns' team took the first defensive player chosen in the draft and it happened to be a db?

Improvements in the secondary and just overall more help on that side of the ball. I think the improvements on the DL will help him, as well. The secondary this year.....eh.....it's probably going to be a modest improvement. Bouye we won't know anything about until we see him, perhaps he is in prime form or perhaps he shows his age. Horn will probably generally be up and down, he is a rookie after all. Chinn may struggle to adjust, as his coverage numbers from 2020 were a little lacking. Jackson....that is anyone's guess. Could be amazing, could be up and down, could be bad. Then the rest of them are largely unknowns. 

IMO, the secondary will improve but it is unlikely they will be as good as most of our fans think. Mainly because they are all so young. I don't expect to be stellar in 2021, I would expect the to be stellar in 2023, 2024, 2025, etc. One they get some experience under their belts, that is when I think they will hit their stride. I don't expect to see All Pro Horn for a couple of seasons, and that's fine.

• Beer 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Lol. WTF post is that? Does it wait until someone replies before it spams the betting site?

Some of the biggest spammers at forums sign up to drop links to betting sites. Seeing somebody sign up, make one very generic post (post above my previous) on a post that's half a year old, specifically on a thread about betting. I think it's a safe bet (pun intended).

6 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

Crazy how realistic / possible that is in 2022 after being such a ridiculous claim that was not that long ago. (Would be $104,000 / year).

Not necessarily ridiculous.

I'd bet a lot is us can make up to that amount 😄

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not necessarily ridiculous.

I'd bet a lot is us can make up to that amount 😄

Clever wording. I didn't catch the 'up to' part 😆. Just like my favorite sales that are 'up to' 70% off, but the stuff worth buying is 15% off.