• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for a Kicker...

SetfreexX

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was talking to a Giants fan buddy today and he says this dude can really kick. They were half expecting him to unseat Gano. Hopefully we landed Butler 2.0. Oh, and evidently he's huge. Like could legit sub in at DE huge.

So he might be able to play……. LT?!

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I kinda wonder if JJ didn't say something that might have prevoked them in the off-season to pulling the trigger on the LS.  Like hedging their bets?  I'm like the rest of you on why they used a late pick on one, granted he was the best in the draft but still.

Unless Jansen doesn't like money I can't understand why he'd want to retire. You can't touch the LS now and he has one job.

I think it was more the Panthers exploring options to get younger and cheaper. 

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Unless Jansen doesn't like money I can't understand why he'd want to retire. You can't touch the LS now and he has one job.

I think it was more the Panthers exploring options to get younger and cheaper. 

That's what was was thinking as well.  I just didn't expect them to use a draft pick on one. I guess they wanted to make sure they got the one they wanted just in case.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That's what was was thinking as well.  I just didn't expect them to use a draft pick on one. I guess they wanted to make sure they got the one they wanted just in case.

They probably plan on stashing Fletcher on the PS and he can take over next year if JJ retires.

• Beer 1