• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for a Kicker...

SetfreexX

2 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Everybody needs to quit whining…we had to do something, slye is toast

The coaching staff will have tomorrow nights game, pre-game warmups, Sunday’s practice, and Monday’s practice to properly evaluate Santoso 

If Santoso is not a substantial upgrade don’t be surprised if they simply stick with Joey Slye. His automatic touchbacks and large thick penis still have value to the team 

• Pie 1
  • The D 7

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The coaching staff will have tomorrow nights game, pre-game warmups, Sunday’s practice, and Monday’s practice to properly evaluate Santoso 

If Santoso is not a substantial upgrade don’t be surprised if they simply stick with Joey Slye. His automatic touchbacks and large thick penis still have value to the team 

Two sentences in, I think this is the informative version @TheSpecialJuan providing a reasoned and knowledgeable take and then the regular edition of @TheSpecialJuan shows up for the finale.

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Best of luck to Joey Swolebones. But now we've traded for the guy who couldn't beat the guy we cut after cutting the guy in Harrison Butker. Fug.

Gano was probably the best fg kicker in the NFL last year.  In fact, if you look at his numbers over the last four years, he has only missed four total fg's, and is 8 out of 11 from 50 plus yards.  He did miss more than a year from injury though.  But I doubt there are many kickers that could beat him as long as he is healthy.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, NJPanthers89 said:

This kid isn’t some scrub from all accounts, Rappport reported that a few teams have checked in on him with the Giants, and Joe Judge gave him very high praise saying he deserves to be one of the 32 kickers in the game.  Judge wouldn’t go out on a limb like that for some scrub..I live in NJ I see plenty of Giants chatter..Give the kid a chance you may be surprised and shocked at how cheap we got him. 

I've heard good things about him before the trade...But as far as Judge's comments, that is exactly what he is supposed to say if he wants to get value out of someone he needs to cut. And looks like it worked for them.

• Pie 1

Wow just looked at his stats, he kicked fgs freshman sophomore years then punted junior and senior years. Hell he only kicked extra points in preseason so far, so I’m just asking why did we trade for him. I know if he is off the team before week 2 we get the pick back but wth did we hear about him because we sure as didn’t see anything. Dude they really are trying hard to keep Slye, we have to care about kicking more than this imo.

Not that I think we should do this or will do this - and it appears we have a great punter - and I also realize that having a kicker that can also punt in an emergency (with some sort of excellence) is what we are after... now with all those disclaimers in place....

Has any team ever run with only 1 kicker to do kick offs, FGs, and punts?  Would be nice to free up a position.

5 minutes ago, Obeg said:

Not that I think we should do this or will do this - and it appears we have a great punter - and I also realize that having a kicker that can also punt in an emergency (with some sort of excellence) is what we are after... now with all those disclaimers in place....

Has any team ever run with only 1 kicker to do kick offs, FGs, and punts?  Would be nice to free up a position.

The Saints tried it. Didn't go well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Erxleben#Professional_playing_career

6 minutes ago, Obeg said:

It's been done, but guys with the skill set to do all three are extremely few and far between.