• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule's QBs troughout his coaching career

JABANOG

9 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

That's pretty a pretty bold statement only because of Newton's MVP and Super Bowl Appearance. He'll have to win a lot of shootouts in the AFC, but It's not like it isn't possible. I think he'll have a solid career, but not sure if I see the kid winning any MVP's. Time will tell. Definitely gonna be exciting if most of the QB's in this class pan out. Probably won't be excitement in here though. 

Newton .5 is Justin Fields - it's the only reason I can point to as to why so many on here are in love with him. 

He kinda reminds them of a watered down version of Newton. 

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Newton .5 is Justin Fields - it's the only reason I can point to as to why so many on here are in love with him. 

I personally don't see a comparison between the two. I mean other than race lol. I also don't think we got to see the best Newton we possibly could have. Not saying we didn't do anything for him, but we could have done a lot more for the man. Guess that's why we don't have the same FO today as we did in the Cam era. 

If I recall it was Rivera that played Cam while he was hurt and it was Hurnia that threw Cam out like leftovers .  Rhule had stated that would like to coach Cam but was not given the opportunity .  Fitts did not want to give up all our draft capital for a rookie QB .  Darnald may not be the answer but at least he has some experience and has talent .  Lets see how he does before throwing Rhule under the bus .

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I genuinely don't see Fox or Rivera rebuilding two college programmes - one that was burnt down to the foundations.

They're not that guy. They can take a poor team and make it mediocre (with the odd good season sprinkled in there). They're not programme builders - Rhule is. In both cases in college he was poached by a bigger organisation before he could truly reap the benefits of what he was sowing. 

Well, they aren’t college coaches.  I wasn’t alluding to them being able to go college.   

But Ron and Fox are the NFL variant IMO.  You could give them the worst team in the NFL.  Give them 3-4 years.  And it would be respectable IMO.   

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

It was the Clemson game that really sold me on Fields. He took a big shot, and wasn't 100% after it. But despite that, he gutted out the game and got his team the W.  That night, I said the kid was going to be a good one. 

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, they aren’t college coaches.  I wasn’t alluding to them being able to go college.   

But Ron and Fox are the NFL variant IMO.  
You could give them the worst team in the NFL.  Give them 4 years.  And it would be respectable IMO.   

A skosh over .500 is respectable, I guess. Those "play not to lose/defensive" HCs typically beat the bad teams, lose to the good ones and have anomaly seasons where their talent takes them farther. Rhule seems way more adaptive than either of those two.

Edited by Khaki Lackey

8 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

A skosh over .500 is respectable, I guess. Those "play not to lose/defensive" HCs typically beat the bad teams, lose to the good ones and have anomaly seasons where their talent takes them farther. Rhule seems way more adaptive than either of those two.

Doesn’t the bolded largely apply to all 3 though?   Would that not describe Rhule’s overall college experience? 

4 hours ago, JABANOG said:

Temple

13-16 PJ Walker

Baylor

17 Zach Smith/ Charlie Brewer 

18-19 Charlie Brewer 

Panthers

20 Teddy/PJ/Will

21 Darnold/PJ/Will

Yea this man shouldn't be making the QB decisions even with full roster control it seems he's never even had an AVERAGE QB 

Lame, really Lame.

College replace coaches because their current team sucks.  Top level HS QBs aren't going to go to a program that doesn't give them the best opportunity to succeed.  The rare exception is a hometown star that wants to play locally.  

To Rhule's credit he built both programs from the ground up.

2020 was Brady if you ask me.  I think he wanted Bridgewater since he had some success with him in New Orleans.  Made sense.

Darnold was Rhule and Fitterer.  So we'll see.

What really chaps my ass is the multitude of posters, like you, that want to just post negative threads.  It's one thing to post a negative thread with valid points but to reach on a topic like this one is very lame.

If you don't like the Panther's good or bad. Go join another fan base and spread your hate there. 

• Beer 1