• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Panther coach/player of all time

panther4life

Eric Shelton definitely deserves to be in the conversation. He was drafted in the 2nd round and was meant to be the replacement of Stephen Davis. First year he immediately gets injured, misses the whole season. 2nd year he rushed for TWENTY THREE YARDS for the whole year. Cut the next year, never played again. And that's the story of Eric Shelton.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Greatman77 said:

Coach : Siefert

Player: QB Jeff Lewis, a Siefert pick so bad that he played himself right off the team in preseason. Sadly died of a drug OD at age 39....

I was going to post this, my recollection of watching him play was that he looked like he couldn't throw a spiral.  We gave up some picks to the Broncos to get him I think.

• Pie 1

Player: Teddy Bridgewater 2020; I don't think I ever recall a player tossing his coaches under the bus. Even terrible players like Bell, Chandler, Fua, Legedu Naanee, etc did their jobs terribly with some dignity. I'd put Carruth as well but I was too young/not a fan (yet) to remember the impact.

Coach: Ron Meeks; He was supposed to bring that nastiness from the Colts to us, but our defense fell flat instead. 

Edited by Manna

Poor Tauren Poole had one carry in a game for us and he fumbled the ball away.

Ryan Sutter of “The Bachelorette” fame dislocated his shoulder on the opening kickoff of his only game with us.

Jon Hilbert’s solo game as a kicker in 2002 was hilarious. 

Randy Fasani played an entire game and posted a 0.0 QB rating with weapons like Muhsin Muhammad, Steve Smith and Wesley Walls at his disposal.

Haruki Nakamura and everyone not named Minter in the 2001 secondary also deserve a nod.

Edited by Carl Spackler
Autocorrect
  • Pie 1