• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

19/25 and 2 TD

jb2288

He still has happy feet and didn't really impose his will on the game. 

But he didn't turn the ball over and ended up with two TDs after a slow start.

Thankfully we're playing the Jets week 1 so he should be fine. 

I just hope we don't turn him into Teddy. 

Edited by Call Me James

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He looked very uncomfortable at the beginning of the game. 

After his first TD pass it looked like the weight of the world was removed from his shoulders and he looked waaaaaaaaaaay more comfortable. 

Thank you, TMJ. 

6 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

We might can punish some defenses if we can.get CMC the ball outside the pocket or some screen plays, but I don't have any faith that this line can.open up any holes for him.

Might just need to use him in lots of reverses and other trick plays until we can find a solution at guard and center.

I do think the playbook seriously opens up with CMC in there + regular season. Coaches aren’t dumb, they know the OL is weak and will scheme for it 

• Beer 1

Darnold is definitely still a work in progress. but the arm is there (for the most part). the touch was there, his progressions looked decent.

he looked like garbage when he got pressure in his face early in the snap. most every quarterback looks like something akin to garbage in that scenario.

the thing that worries me the most was the ridiculous attempt he had when he was already wrapped up and sacked, which was ruled an incomplete pass. he keeps doing that, he'll fall on his face here. if he can stop doing that, then we'll see what his upper limit is, because he'll start the whole season.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, vorbis said:

Darnold is definitely still a work in progress. but the arm is there (for the most part). the touch was there, his progressions looked decent.

he looked like garbage when he got pressure in his face early in the snap. most every quarterback looks like something akin to garbage in that scenario.

the thing that worries me the most was the ridiculous attempt he had when he was already wrapped up and sacked, which was ruled an incomplete pass. he keeps doing that, he'll fall on his face here. if he can stop doing that, then we'll see what his upper limit is, because he'll start the whole season.

On the other side of the coin,  incomplete pass gives us a field goal try, that is the difference between  a win or a loss in the NFL.  He had to throw that away...not a sack.   

• Beer 1

He finished on a high note, and left me hopeful he may have gotten in his bag and found a rhythm moving forward...  Robby was happy with it.  But, I'm ngl, the OL really wasn't all that bad except for Elflein, and yet, Sam had some very Clausen-like moments early.  So, although I'm encouraged by the final drive, the extremes I saw from some of the panic stuff he did earlier is troubling. 

• Pie 1