• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horrible to say, but I love watching the punt team!

cardiackat88.

10 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Charlton is something special.

Every time he punts, he amazes me. The kicks always initially looks like a total shank, and then it hangs, and hangs, and HANGS. It then always looks like its coming down much shorter than it does, but then bounces onto the turf at the ideal spot.

Two really awesome punts and position leverage plays came out of this preseason game alone. 

This can be a MAJOR advantage in the regular season if the offense can't come up with a 1st down.

Putting a team's offense way back in its own territory will be extra good for this fast, hungry, young, and versatile defense.

I am all down with the Charlton. Great great pickup by you know who for once. 

• The D 1

A great punter can make a huge difference. I still remember a wildcard playoff game from about 8 or so years ago where a Chargers team that was double digit underdogs beat a Colts team on the back of their punter who boomed like multiple 60+ yard net punts and kept pinning the Colts inside their 10. We're fortunate to have a top tier punter.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, 07579394 said:

Come on,i knew Ravens' Sam Koch a bit,don't tell me about net yards.

Charlton's problem is the ballistic,not only high balls,but also long flat balls which can hit the boundary

Charlton's NET and gross avg last year was higher than Koch's career averages so not sure what you're getting on about bud. 

22 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I don't have a good way to show it from my phone but straight from NFL.com.

Charlton = 46.3/40.8

Koch = 45.3/40.1 career average

Screenshot_20210828-205901.thumb.png.cf03790399c6ad75493948ab6ceccca3.png

Screenshot_20210828-205952.thumb.png.8cf3509097e03b46dd652edd80165d46.png

Ohhh,i checked the damn ESPN,some different...

Anyway,Charlton is not a Pro Bowler yet,he will be better,if increase his ballistic types

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

"A punt isn't a bad play." - John Fox

"...but it is an indication your offense has failed, perhaps from a total lack of imagination and a HC who ignores it in favor of his defense. Maybe that HC should reexamine the basics of the game til he gains an understanding that winning football games requires outscoring your opponent, not just having a better defense than he does." -Me