• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun maybe to the PANTHERS?!?! What?!!

Vader704

5 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

To all of you white knight young men who think women can do no wrong and can never tell a lie, I sure hope you never get divorced lol. You have a rude awakening coming for you.

Anybody can accuse you of anything... when he is charged by the police and arrested let me know... asking a woman for sex or a blowjob is not 'sexual assault'

Ask her at work, and it is sexual harassment   These women were working at their licensed profession 

yes there are groupies who hang around sports figures, rock stars,  etc, that is not the case here 

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think that all three of us would agree that it wouldn't be the best to trade for him right now, but where we may diverge in opinion is post-Watson legal issues and if and when he is cleared to play again. 

If the league office clears him at that point, like some of us are assuming will happen at some point, and if we are still in QB purgatory, that's a different situation.

Until there's actually some resolution, it doesn't matter. And whatever resolution does come isn't guaranteed to be in his favor.

That's the reality of the situation.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, rico6 said:

The reports are conflicting. It’s not unanimous and the Panthers have no incentive to confirm interest if they have any. Local writers got their marching orders and we’ll see where it goes from there.

Actually it pretty much is unanimous except for Florio who's only reporting it as a rumor.

(and given the number of people saying the same thing, I won't be surprised if Florio retracts his report)

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually it pretty much is unanimous except for Florio who's only reporting it as a rumor.

(and given the number of people saying the same thing, I won't be surprised if Florio retracts his report)

“It pretty much is unanimous except for the people reporting differently” like Ben Allbright. You don’t have to lie to bolster your claims man. Just say you put more faith in the copy and pasted tweets from local reporters. You might be vindicated later. The problem is you want credit for being right when it’s not settled, that’s all.

13 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

If Mike Vick got a second chance than Watson should as well. If it was up to me Vick would have never seen an NFL field ever again though 

I fundamentally believe in second chances for most things. I kind of draw a line with brutal physical assaults, rape, murder. It's a case by case thing. For instance, Chad Wheeler beat the poo out of his girlfriend, and I wouldn't want him on the team. Ray Rice? No. Kareem Hunt? Probably not. Greg Hardy? Maybe. People may not like it, but that's just me.

Edited by top dawg

If it's down to these two teams, I think it's more likely the Dolphins. I feel like Carolina has been a lot more open about committing to Darnold than Miami has been to Tua. Tua has supposably looked good this preseason though.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Until there's actually some resolution, it doesn't matter. And whatever resolution does come isn't guaranteed to be in his favor.

That's the reality of the situation.

That's really not the scenario I was speaking to...

Of course any resolution at this point is probably going to be some type of compromise if things go as they have historically gone. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd be surprised if the rumor wasn't coming from the Texans.

8 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

If it's down to these two teams, I think it's more likely the Dolphins. I feel like Carolina has been a lot more open about committing to Darnold than Miami has been to Tua. Tua has supposably looked good this preseason though.

I could argue that the Dolphins have been more open than us. And, like you say, Tua has been on fire, so much so that Dan Orlovsky, who dogged him out months ago, has changed his tune rather dramatically (especially for him). I would say that according to their respective handling, there are many more questions regarding Darnold than Tua by their respective FOs.

Edited by top dawg

21 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

To all of you white knight young men who think women can do no wrong and can never tell a lie, I sure hope you never get divorced lol. You have a rude awakening coming for you.

Anybody can accuse you of anything... when he is charged by the police and arrested let me know... asking a woman for sex or a blowjob is not 'sexual assault'

Lying happens but it’s extremely extremely  rare. These woman have so much more to lose than to gain by accusing him. Even still, the chances of every single one of 20+ accusations being false is essentially zero. If even ONE of those accusations occurred, it’s enough for me to say fug no.  

Also, asking someone for a sexual favor when you’re in a position of power over them…like famous professional athlete and amateur/independent masseuses who rely on word of mouth and connections for finding clients…that at a minimum is sexual abuse and coercion, any attempts beyond that is legit assault. I say this as someone that’s seen the trauma, fallout, depression and suffering that results from a false accusation firsthand….I absolutely think Watson did those things (even if he’s not convicted, or settles, reaching out to THAT MANY masseuses, many of them with little to no training, over social media it’s fuging weird at best. At BEST.) keep that POS away from women and from my team. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1