• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final OLine per Rhule

CAPantherFan

25 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Most coaches will start veteran free agents that have been starters over mid/late round rookies first game of the season. I expect it change as the young guys get experience bit this makes sense and this is what we knew it would be all along.

I'd rather not throw away wins by being too conservative. 

Just now, frankw said:

Well that's why people have had concerns about shuffling the line so much over the last month plus. Good luck Sam! 🤞

Oh yeah they definitely need reps together. Hopefully the Jets missing some players on defense will be a good time to get some in.

1 hour ago, Lemory said:

Only a matter of time before they get benched/injured. I dont know why NFL coaches insist on playing veterans just because they are veterans. 

Maybe because even great rookies get abused the first several games. By mid-season you can see the shift where they can hold their own. It is unusual to find a guy who can seamlessly start with no period of adjustment.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CAPantherFan said:

Per Gantt

Rhule doesn’t want to get into too much Jets game talk, but did say at this point, the starting OL would be the one he put on the field last night (Erving/Elflein/Paradis/Miller/Moton).

Per Newton

Matt Rhule plans to go into the Panthers opener vs the Jets with the starting offensive line of LT Cameron Erving, LG Pat Elflein, C Matt Paradis, RG John Miller, RT Taylor Moton.

God help us. 

I have no issue with this 

1 hour ago, beo said:

ezgif-7-140951cd9a57.gif.fb1a3b64067aa2d0818b9641c3fca31a.gif

Lol 

definitely having Amini/Byron/Nate flashbacks

add in a washed up injured Paradis…

i assume we will be throwing in a blocking TE constantly even vs. the standard 4 dlineman hell maybe even 3 which will limit the offense but we do have playmakers

but good lord this is a grade A trash oline, would be A+ without Moton.

• Beer 1

Quick takes:

LT: We went from Okung/Scott to Erving/Brady C.  Wish we tried to upgrade here rather than just fill.  Erving isn't awful but it's him next to Elflein (bad) that makes the entire left side super shaky.  

LG: It is here where they view Elflein as an upgrade to Daley.  Daley went into 2020 as our starting LG.  This year he's behind Elflein.  Elf is obviously not good so I just don't see what they see.  Should be Dennis.

Center: Yuck.  No words.  We should have figured out a good Paradis insurance policy.  Seems the G/C in Elflein is what they wanted but you would think there were better options.

RG: Miller/Brown is okay.  Miller looked bad against PIT but he's been the most reliable guy since the start of last season along with Moton.  Brown is a force; could be the long term answer.

RT: Moton is secured. This is a check ✅

My question is who moves up first? Will Brady hop Erving, Daley supplant Elf, or Brown replace Miller.  And what is the backup plan at center?  Just way too shaky for my comfort level. I truly think we have guys to make a decent line so I'm hoping Rhule doesn't stay stubborn if the results are bad.  Brady-Daley-Paradis-Brown-Moton could be entirely respectable (minus Paradis)

• Beer 1