• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy loves him some Sam Darnold

Zod

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

I was ecstatic when we drafted him, his measurables are ridiculous and he doesn't drop balls.

With that being said I am shocked that Chase is dropping so many balls. I think though he is not as savvy or refined route runner as marshall is, so at the start he will struggle a bit more.

Chase is overrated and will probably flame out in the NFL.  Unless he gets it together he will never reach his potential.   Which is not as high as Marshall's by the way. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

I was ecstatic when we drafted him, his measurables are ridiculous and he doesn't drop balls.

With that being said I am shocked that Chase is dropping so many balls. I think though he is not as savvy or refined route runner as marshall is, so at the start he will struggle a bit more.

Chase has got the yipps bad.  He only dropped 5 passes his entire last season at LSU. Hes done that in about 5 quarters this preseason.  Its like when Chuck Knoblauch forgot how to throw to 1st base, or when Rick Ankiel forgot how to throw a strike. 

• Pie 2

With a clean pocket he is a top 15 QB in this league. Without one he takes a lot of chances, most of which aren’t the greatest. Being a gunslinger you live on the edge. He reminds me of a young Brett Farve, decision making wise. His arm isn’t as strong but its no slouch either.

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

If he's given a half decent pocket and the ghosts don't come back, he could have a very good year with this system and the weapons around him. 

The only ghost is the NY Jets franchise.    And I fully expect him to exorcise that in Game 1.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, RumHam said:

2nd and third stringers. y'all in denial. he also has had some ridiculous overthrows. hope he pans out. if not, who's next year's top QB and who's the loser FA we will end up signing? Dalton? It's Dalton.

He has one inaccurate throw, otherwise he sliced and diced those 2nd and 3rd stringers.

But then he could have put up a perfect QB rating, scoring on every drive, and you'd still find fault. 

Let the season play out - and let's hope you're wrong. 

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, OldhamA said:

He has one inaccurate throw, otherwise he sliced and diced those 2nd and 3rd stringers.

But then he could have put up a perfect QB rating, scoring on every drive, and you'd still find fault. 

Actually, about that inaccurate throw (I assume you're talking about the one throw that sailed high over TMJ's head, right?)

I went back and replayed that moment over and over again.   The ball's trajectory never changed and it still had a tight spiral so it wasn't tipped (as others in other forums claimed).

Analysis conclusion : 

Sam just over shot him...

OR here's another explanation.... He saw the defender in front of TMJ and tried to loft it a bit over him and got a bit too much air on it.   🤔
spacer.png

Remember that with the Jets, he had next to no time in staying in the pocket and making adjustments on making touch-passes and stuff. 

Or maybe he thought TMJ had MAD HOPS and thought he could jump 500 feet into the air and snag that or something?  lol. 
Edited by glenwo2

14 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Backups totally contained and bottled up our offense for nearly two full quarters.  

then with 5 minutes left in the first half they did orchestrate a very nice 2 minute drill….but it still was against backups.  

The bar is pretty low for that to get the praise it is getting.   We looked like a team that has a lot to sort out on offense to be competitive this season.  

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

The clean pocket thing everyone keeps repeating is funny because that's exactly what he had struggled with and it was well documented. While he generally performed well in relation to the league when pressured.

This is how bad the Jets damaged him.    It's going to take a bit for him to get used to having a clean pocket more often than not, even if the OL here is "mediocre".