• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy loves him some Sam Darnold

Zod

40 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

This is how bad the Jets damaged him.    It's going to take a bit for him to get used to having a clean pocket more often than not, even if the OL here is "mediocre". 

I think, it's  not about a clean pocket as much as not having to hold the ball as long. Imho, it's about Panthers wrs that can get open in a hurry which mean he can make decision knowing he can trust them to get open, unlike the division II level talents wearing Jets uniforms last year who couldn't get open or catch when they were.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:47 AM, Jon Snow said:

I've never seen a rookie wr play as well as a pro right out of the gate. Yes it's early but I never proclaim any rookie as going to be great but this kid is a stud. If he flops I will eat my words, but I think I won't have to worry about that. 

Only ones that stick out to me were both Vikings. Moss and Jefferson...particularly Moss. Oddly enough, I think Marshall is better than Jefferson was in college. 

I just had no idea he's as fast as he is. I didnt see it on his college reels. Atleast noy often. I actually thought Samuel leaving would hurt us...esp on 3rd down. I no longer have this feeling. Jesus how to you defend DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Terrace Marshall, CMC and Dan Arnold/Tremble(who has Kittle potential imo). 

The only answer is blitz and hope you can rattle Sam, but at that point Christian will make you pay. We honestly need to do whatever we have to to keep that pocket clean for Darnold. Iirc we were still in the hunt last year up until week 12 or so with Bridgewater. We've easily upgraded both sides. 

I like Baldy as he's one if the few Ive seen give Carolina the fair shake..showcasing Burns, Chinn, Brown, and even YGM and Obada I think. After week 1, his next target will be Defensive. Either the front 7 or the dbs. 

Side note: Who the hell is our punt n kick returner? 

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Only ones that stick out to me were both Vikings. Moss and Jefferson...particularly Moss. Oddly enough, I think Marshall is better than Jefferson was in college. 

I just had no idea he's as fast as he is. I didnt see it on his college reels. Atleast noy often. I actually thought Samuel leaving would hurt us...esp on 3rd down. I no longer have this feeling. Jesus how to you defend DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Terrace Marshall, CMC and Dan Arnold/Tremble(who has Kittle potential imo). 

The only answer is blitz and hope you can rattle Sam, but at that point Christian will make you pay. We honestly need to do whatever we have to to keep that pocket clean for Darnold. Iirc we were still in the hunt last year up until week 12 or so with Bridgewater. We've easily upgraded both sides. 

I like Baldy as he's one if the few Ive seen give Carolina the fair shake..showcasing Burns, Chinn, Brown, and even YGM and Obada I think. After week 1, his next target will be Defensive. Either the front 7 or the dbs. 

Side note: Who the hell is our punt n kick returner? 

Door #3.    🤷‍♂️

Watching the final preseason game, I got the impression that the plan for this season is to have Darnold release the ball quickly, even if it means cutting down on his reads.

Once they feel like he's settled into a better groove, then they'll likely ease up and give him more freedom.

It's the kind of thing you'd do for a rookie, and since Rhule has said that's how they're treating him, it makes sense.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Watching the final preseason game, I got the impression that the plan for this season is to have Darnold release the ball quickly, even if it means cutting down on his reads.

Once they feel like he's settled into a better groove, then they'll likely ease up and give him more freedom.

It's the kind of thing you'd do for a rookie, and since Rhule has said that's how they're treating him, it makes sense.

I've noticed that they are sticking to that declaration by how he's being developed.  They certainly are treating him that way.  I give it a 50/50 chance as currently progressing. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've noticed that they are sticking to that declaration by how he's being developed.  They certainly are treating him that way.  I give it a 50/50 chance as currently progressing. 

Well I don't blame Rhule for that approach as Sam got next-to-nothing as far as Development goes with Adam F'n Gase in NY.   Sam had to learn on his own on how to be an NFL QB and there's no substitute for actual coaching that he is now getting here.

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well I don't blame Rhule for that approach as Sam got next-to-nothing as far as Development goes with Adam F'n Gase in NY.   Sam had to learn on his own on how to be an NFL QB and there's no substitute for actual coaching that he is now getting here.

It was the only thing they could do to be completely honest.   Whatever was done after he came into the league didn't work.  So you are forced to start over with his development.  It's one hell of a gamble to begin with but now you are reprogramming him while asking him to start.  With no backup plan.  What could go wrong?

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It was the only thing they could do to be completely honest.   Whatever was done after he came into the league didn't work.  So you are forced to start over with his development.  It's one hell of a gamble to begin with but now you are reprogramming him while asking him to start.  With no backup plan.  What could go wrong?

Or...What could go right?   Happy North Carolina GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Beer 1