• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice cancelled

Mr. Scot

56 minutes ago, kass said:

I thought that was part of the job desciption of a journalist, to find out things.

This is why I posted. Because I dont know the rules and there could be a legitime reason for his reaction to not be a concern. But if no one ask, like som fluff journalist dont, only raises questions. In my mind atleast.

Looking at how some other responded to me (not directed to vorbis). I guess Covid-19 is not longer a concern in the US.............

just because you want to find out things doesn't mean it's ethical to ask someone what their cough is about during an official news conference. Covid is a new kind of thing though, so this isn't completely black and white. but for what it's worth, I did study journalism in university and this would have been a legitimate discussion of whether or not it is ethical to ask about that in that particular setting. I lean towards it's not quite kosher, for the record.

mind you, if this press conference were happening in person I think the legitimate concern of being in the same place would supersede that ethical concern, because it could potentially affect the reporters directly.

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

You're freaking out over a cough. So much so that you time stamped them . That's why I responded

My jokes in this thread says it all, how concerned I am.

Time stamps, yeah, being  meticulous is something bad and I am guilty as charged. If I send a 15 minute video to people, instead of wasting their time searching for the few 3 second parts  I wanted to refer to,  I should point it out myself.

20 minutes ago, vorbis said:

just because you want to find out things doesn't mean it's ethical to ask someone what their cough is about during an official news conference. Covid is a new kind of thing though, so this isn't completely black and white. but for what it's worth, I did study journalism in university and this would have been a legitimate discussion of whether or not it is ethical to ask about that in that particular setting. I lean towards it's not quite kosher, for the record.

mind you, if this press conference were happening in person I think the legitimate concern of being in the same place would supersede that ethical concern, because it could potentially affect the reporters directly.

I have also seen that debate. And it's a valid discussion and I think your last paragraph (is that what it is called?) is a great analysis.

Another debate have been about access and if some beat reporters avoid hard questions just to keep a good relationship.

Even if Rhule would have needed to take one or two test I dont think it would have any real implications at this moment. But it's an interesting situation because it could happen a team during the season and depending on how harsh the Covid rules are, it might have a slight impact on how prepared teams could be before a game.

Cam was out for a few days despite testing negative. Well he was unvaccinated. But still, how to interpret rules can vary and I find it interesting. Would have looked it up myself but I'm traveling.