• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Trade Incoming! Bills trading DE Darryl Johnson to Carolina!

joemac

I mean, he could work out nicely so let's go!

The whole Elflein and Erving still rubs me the wrong way.  I feel like we could have curated a much better OL than we did but I can't complain much with the rest of the roster and what they've done.  

• Pie 3

Just now, davos said:

I mean, he could work out nicely so let's go!

The whole Elflein and Erving still rubs me the wrong way.  I feel like we could have curated a much better OL than we did but I can't complain much with the rest of the roster and what they've done.  

I dont get why the bills would trade him since he is cheap and only get a 6th for him.  I just dont understand things sometimes

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Marquis Haynes going to IR I bet 

I don't think so... I really think Rhule and company just wanted another more traditional 4-3 guy

Burns, Haynes, & Reddick are size-wise more in the mold of a 3-4 OLB.  I know they can play DE in a 4-3 alignment, but they don't really have the size to move inside to pass rush on 3rd down.

Will also be a core ST player- led the Bills in preseason tackles on ST, which is impressive for a big guy

• Pie 2

Some responses to the trade by Bills fans: 

Damn. He was great on ST and has shown flashes of potentially be a contributor on defense. However…. ST standouts are a dime a dozen, and we’ve spent a 1st and two 2nds on edge guys the past two years, so he likely wouldn’t have gotten a shot anyway.

Bam... I liked you and Routed for ya. Sorry to see you go.

Later Bam. I guess this is karma for stealing Andre Smith lol

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Or cut, I mean a 4th year player should look good against backups in preseason.  Don't get me wrong, he showed flashes this preseson, but you also have to take that into account when evaluating him.

I agree with a lot of your posts, but respectfully, you are in left field on this... 

Haynes was solid last year (5.5 sacks which was 2nd on the team) and has had an excellent TC and preseason.  He is going to get substantial playing time this year.

This move is bad news for Christian Miller/ maybe Phil Hoskins...

Haynes will 100% make this roster

• Pie 3