• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Trade Incoming! Bills trading DE Darryl Johnson to Carolina!

joemac

Wisdom from Me: 

This is the kind of player who continues to develop into a third-year phenom--like Hardy, like CJ, like Rucker--it takes time for DEs, and he is already showing signs of breaking out.  The DE room is crowded here now (incl. OLB/edge), but Fox, YGM, Burns, and this guy could help turn the corner.  Haynes to OLB (someone else said that before I could) with Reddick and Luvu--solid DE rotation.  Heard it here third.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

58 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

No, he's excited to be on a team where he will get some playing time, b/c that is his ticket to get paid.

For the most part, I think only veterans who have made some money have the luxury of thinking that way... most NFL players know (or learn quickly) that the NFL is a business more than anything, and getting a SB as a fringe roster player may be great, but his agent is reminding him that he may be pawning that same ring in 10-20 years if he can't make some money...

I think that is much more of a thing in the NBA where basically everyone is making stupid money at this point b/c the rosters are so small.

Even in the NBA guys will stick with the teams that can pay them the most for the majority of their careers. Then a lot of them go chasing rings by joining the super teams for vet minimum.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer seems to like this kind of trade compensation formula (I've not really seen it before).

And for those keeping track, our buddy Ellis points out that's four trades in fourteen days.

It's more of an NBA thing. Pick swapping, protections, etc happen all the time in NBA trades. I'm sort of surprised that it hasn't popped up in the NFL more.

Sounds like a great move on paper. Only a future 6th for a player we have more info on than other teams (thanks, Dan) who can contribute on both the d-line and special teams. Yes, would feel better if we can somehow find some Uglies but have to take these type of opportunities when available. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We could've sent that pick to Jax for Minshew. Or gone after an OL. Or a LB.

But noooooooo... we seek to bolster maybe our deepest position on defense with a total JAG.

We could have used that pick for Minshew and used the 2nd, 4th, and 6th for OL. 

Edited by AU-panther

In the last two weeks, Fitterer essentially traded:

• Greg Little for Ryan Santoso (used Dolphins pick)
  • Denzel Perryman for Darryl Johnson (used higher 6th rounder -- hopefully Raiders pick)

Trade two zero impact players for a (hopeful) improvement in kicker and a special teams ace and DL depth. Two players that should play a significant role.

Look at the whole picture when judging these trades.

• Pie 7

Big fan, called him the best 7th round pick after jealously looking at Beanes draft. Im willing to bet this is mainly a ST move,  that truly is a focus of rhule....it seems. 

Willing to bet that ST was the reason for perryman trade as well. timeline=

perryman gets his normal injuries

refuses clot shot

falls behind

Carter wins MLB

Rhule-"perryman we need you to take ST reps"

perryman-" im form da U, 2nd round pick, i aint playing ST coach!"

Rhule- "ok" ...* calls in thee finesserererer* "we have a problem"

Fin- "no we dont, I already traded him"

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1