• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Trade Incoming! Bills trading DE Darryl Johnson to Carolina!

joemac

I can say this about NC A & T--I was a professor at Gardner-Webb and the Aggies came to play us in Boiling Springs--put a beat down on us.  I was talking to a coach after the game (a week or so later) and he said it was the best coached team they played in a while.  Hats off.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I was a TE in college, but I coached offensive line in high school for about 5 seasons.  I was an English Teacher, so it got too demanding, so I had to phase it out.

Cool! I'm an English teacher too. I played Strong Safety in HS. I was too small to play beyond that. I could have played for a small religious school near my home town but chose to go somewhere else. I've sometimes dreamt about trying to coach kids at some level but with young kids I've always chosen not to lose the time with them but sometimes think I might try it once they are grown. I have girls so peewee league isn't an option either. 

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Cool! I'm an English teacher too. I played Strong Safety in HS. I was too small to play beyond that. I could have played for a small religious school near my home town but chose to go somewhere else. I've sometimes dreamt about trying to coach kids at some level but with young kids I've always chosen not to lose the time with them but sometimes think I might try it once they are grown. I have girls so peewee league isn't an option either. 

High School is very demanding.  Takes 20-30 hours each week.  I could not be a dad and coach and English teacher at the same time---one had to go.  So I drew straws....

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

So, which one of our better DE's are we trading now for a T, G, or C?

I'm not sure if there will be any OL available worth trading for. It's rare to get anyone at this point beyond a dice roll young guy and we already have 2 rookies for that plus Teck. I would expect to see a LB, FB, or DB if anything. Although I never expected a DL so who knows?

13 minutes ago, beo said:

Has there ever been a larger interorganizational bromance in the NFL outside of Panthers-Bills? Across conferences too. A true love story.

We team crush on the Steelers too. ... Hats off to McDermott and Beane. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

5 hours ago, Seltzer said:

The only contrarian thing I'll say is this, why not just keep Efe Obada who could also pass rush from the interior??

Kind of like the deal of trying to replace Alex Armah with Ricci...

I have liked most of the moves Rhule/Fitterer have made, but those 2 stand out as question marks...

In the end this particular trade isn't really going to be anything more than a wash for Perryman who evidently wasn't a fit here and was expendable with the emergence of Carter & Luvu

Overall, there seems to have been a solid market for Darryl Johnson, and I'm loving having an aggressive GM.

Phil Snow has to be a happy man.  He has been given a lot of pieces to work with.  I'm excited about the defense b/c I think Snow has a chance to really do something innovative with the versatility of this defense... I'm thinking/hoping for something that takes the league by storm like Dom Capers did in 1996 (for those of us old enough to remember) where you never knew where the pressure was coming from...

“In on every deal”