• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut down day thread.

Zod

36 minutes ago, davos said:

Yep.  Rhule could've drafted James Lynch, Mims, Matt Hennessy, etc. and we didn't so peeps need to cool it on the Temple/Baylor system devotion train.  

We do have a fair share or Owls but Baylor, not the case.  Robby Anderson, Hasaan Reddick, Franklin, Chandler, Thompson, Walker are left I think.  That's 6 and a maybe, and what like Roy DT & Johnston LB from Baylor.   8 of ~58 remaining isn't some ridiculous amount, especially when most deserve it.   

Actually, it's a legit concern.

Prior to today, there were 39 players from Baylor and Temple on NFL rosters.  Of those 39, 10 were on the Panthers roster.  25% of the NFL players from those two schools were on our roster.  That should be concerning to anyone.

It may look very different after today, and I hope it does.  However, you cannot dismiss the concerns so easily.  It's very clear there is a bias there.  It's one thing if that bias was leading us to success, but in this case success is certainly not something we've experienced very much of recently.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm really just a year or two ahead of everyone else when I say I don't like our GM and I don't like our coach. I've said I didn't like Rhule since last fall, though, and I will continue to get flamed for not loving that clown until we're one of the three worst teams in the league and everyone says "Rhule sucks!"

Been through it before...

Show your working out.

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

Prior to today, there were 39 players from Baylor and Temple on NFL rosters.  Of those 39, 10 were on the Panthers roster.  25% of the NFL players from those two schools were on our roster.  That should be concerning to anyone.

It may look very different after today, and I hope it does.  However, you cannot dismiss the concerns so easily.  It's very clear there is a bias there.  It's one thing if that bias was leading us to success, but in this case success is certainly not something we've experienced very much of recently.

This is the same fanbase that eviscerated Ron for playing favorites, but they love Rhule for playing favorites. Who knows? Maybe we'll win the AAC and be a Top 25 team this season. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Just now, NAS said:

I think part of that is we had a mass exodus last year prior to covid hitting and needed some bodies to field a team.  As a first year coach, without much help from useless Hurney, you get some players you're familiar with.  Now we're starting to see that's not really how Rhule wants to operate, it was a stop gap measure.

Not to mention...you saw/heard how much he cares about having a specific "type" of guy.

Guys who love football...many in the NFL do not.

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Thomas Oliver III CB

Melvin CB

Thomas TE

Ricci TE

Robinson S

Chandler S

RSmith RB

Cannon RB/WR

Bonnefon RB/QB?

My guess (assuming I did not list someone who has already been cut) that this is where we are--who amongst these players will go?

Not getting into the LS competition yet.

Are we looking to trade Thomas? 

Of this list, Melvin, Chandler, Smith and Bonnafon. Robinson could make it over Chandler but he could be gone also. Rhule stated a few weeks back that he didn’t have a great camp and he’s been injured. He played well against the Colts though.

7 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I mean, he doesn't seem to have a Baylor preference.  We have as many Baylor guys as Ole Miss, Minnesota & Maryland respectively.  Hell, we've got 2 OL from Western Michigan.  4 Gamecocks.  

He has a Temple thing (potentially 5-7 players on active), not a Baylor one.  And it's being widdled down after settling in.  Of course he'll start with the familiarity and what he sees as known commodities that he has experience with.  

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

This is the same fanbase that eviscerated Ron for playing favorites, but they love Rhule for playing favorites. Who knows? Maybe we'll win the AAC and be a Top 25 team this season. 

Bleh.  You're on one today lol.

30 minutes ago, BrianS said:

"Prior to today" is the operative portion of that post. Who cares. Mostly a bunch of guys who are going to get cut. Everyone has 30 camp fodder players that have little to no shot of making the roster every off-season. And Haason Reddick and Robby Anderson at the least would make 32/32 teams in the league. 

Mostly just a bunch of crying losers that want to complain about something. 

Edited by Smittymoose