• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut down day thread.

Zod

clutter.  Lets remain true to the thread title.

Here is what we know: 

• I doubt we keep 2 LS.  Fletcher to be waived, try to put on PS if there is no trade.
  • We are probably not keeping 5 TEs.  1 or 2 will be cut (Tremble, Arnold are safe--Ricci, Thompson, and/or Thomas will be gone--I am guessing SF is trying to trade Thomas)
  • I am guessing 6 Safeties will not be on the roster (not sure if I count Hartsfield as a S though)  Chandler, Franklin, Chinn, Burris, Robinson--one or two will be gone.  I am guessing SF is trying to trade someone, but I doubt that happens.  My guess?  We end up with Chinn, Burris, Harsfield, Franklin.  Chandler and Robinson to PS if eligible.
  • We will keep 3-4 RBs (one being Cannon, a WR/RB hybrid and ST ace)  Rodney Smith and Bonnefon fighting for what might be no position, but I say Smith is cut)

So my cut list by 4pm:

• Chandler
  • Robinson
  • Thompson
  • Fletcher
  • Rodney Smith
  • Phil Hoskins ( to PS--We are not keeping 5 DTs (Brown, Jones, Roy, Nixon)

And so it was written....

• Pie 1

Update from Gantt...

They released veteran cornerback Rashaan Melvin as part of the moves. That will leave them young in the secondary for the first two weeks of the season.

The Panthers also waived safety Kenny Robinson, waived/injured running back Reggie Bonnafon and placed rookie long snapper Thomas Fletcher on season-ending injured reserve.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1