• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut down day thread.

Zod

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am guessing we come out of the waiver process with a backup QB, G/C, LB--maybe a K.

Why are people so convinced we are going to add a QB? Who is going to be an obvious upgrade over Walker? If you bring someone else in, they are starting from scratch with the system, and there is not a massive talent upgrade to be had other than Cam Newton, who will for obvious reasons not be coming to Carolina. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

Why are people so convinced we are going to add a QB? Who is going to be an obvious upgrade over Walker? If you bring someone else in, they are starting from scratch with the system, and there is not a massive talent upgrade to be had other than Cam Newton, who will for obvious reasons not be coming to Carolina. 

Rhule's presser.  He said, "Walker is the backup if we had to play right now, but I do not want to say more than that" (paraphrasing).  Walker is not that good.  41% completion in preseason and some accuracy issues.  I think we can do better.   Nobody said it had to be a "massive talent upgrade," by the way.  A backup has time to learn the system--I do not see your points as very valid, but that is my perspective.