• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

Just now, MHS831 said:

And I told you all that Mac Jones was the real deal--and you laughed at me--nay, you scoffed.  You showed me pictures of his body and called him a system QB, but I stood firm.

Who is scoffing now?

scoff the thick of it GIF

I still don't want him and his noodle arm.  

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

what a sad ending to Cam's career.  

if you want to get a job Cam on a roster....being an unvaccinated FA doesn't seem like a great spot to be in.   I don't see him being picked up.  Would probably take injury at this point for a team to pick him up. 

Yeah, his prospects are very limited if he has any at all.  This just sucks for him.  

And his case is why I don't want to hear poo from fans when a player wants a new contract...  there is no greater example of someone who put their body on the line for an organization, got destroyed in the process, and was thrown out like yesterday's trash for doing so.  

I still honestly wish we would've just kept him and I still think he's better than Darnold.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 3

Cam actually had a decent preseason on field.  He is also cheap.    

I think if you don't want him it is simply COVID headaches or Cam not willing to be happy being a backup that got him cut.  Otherwise, even if you start Mac Jones.....keeping Cam would make sense. 

• Pie 4

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah...that's not happenin'

Probably not but never say never. He's not a starter any more and his shoulder can't hold up over the course of a season but he's a much better backup than PJ... Him not being vaccinated does make things complicated for any team looking at him however.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Pats seemed very frustrated about the COVID "misunderstanding". Cam has made his own bed with that one.

Yep, rotoworld said it’s likely with him refusing to get the shot and causing issues within Pats org

• Pie 1