• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

Geez, that sucks.

I still have so much love for what Cam has done for us over his career with the Panthers, and I hoped him well in his post Carolina stops.

Cam won't stay on the streets for too long.  There are teams out there with way worse QB situations than we have, and teams who will look for a spark.  Cam will just have to wait for the inevitable injuries or plain bad QBs to show out the first few weeks.

Will he have success?  Who knows?  How much does he have left as a runner and passer?  Again, who knows.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

If I was betting that's where I would pick.  The problem for Cam as a backup is that he is still a high-profile player and anywhere he goes, the minute the starting QB struggles, people will be clamoring for him.

A lot of coaches don't want to deal with that, and would rather have a lesser backup than to deal with the media circus

Dude the starting QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick. He is going to struggle sooner rather than later. If Cam is healthy, he's the best QB on that roster. He already knows the offense, give him a few weeks and he could lead the WFT to a better record than last year. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Weirdly enough, Belichick was quoted just this morning as saying that Newton was "going in the right direction".

Apparently the right direction was out the door 😕

So what I'm seeing is Rhule isn't the only coach to talk a guy up before kicking him to the curb?

• Pie 1

I'm surprised by this move. However, it highlights some real discrepancies between how good our fans see him vs how others see him. Two franchises cut him instead of trading him. He took relatively very small contracts to get on a team. He looked fairly good this preseason but that's now what other's see it.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 4