• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

Just now, NAS said:

It's an interesting point, do you think Cam asked to be cut rather than be a backup?

will be interesting to see the info all trickle out. 

it makes too much sense to have him on the roster.  Given how he looked and his cost.    I could see that.  BB did appear to actually like Cam.   If Cam asked to be cut....I could see BB honoring it if he was moving on.    That's just all tea reading and guessing though. 

I'm sure we will find something out soon though. 

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Jones does and will suck ass

I think Jones will do well in NE, he really came into a perfect system and situation.  He doesn't really have to air it out, just play smart and efficient and let the defense win some games for you.

1 minute ago, dave-o said:

I still think there was more to the whole "misunderstanding" about travel....  I bet Cam just flat out disregarded the teams rules....   

He didn't wear a tie when he re-entered the team facility after returning from his travel.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cam actually had a decent preseason on field.  He is also cheap.    

I think if you don't want him it is simply COVID headaches or Cam not willing to be happy being a backup that got him cut.  Otherwise, even if you start Mac Jones.....keeping Cam would make sense. 

Agree 

Cam supposedly isn’t vaccinated.    He would not be happy in a backup role.  He will never be what he once was.   He is high media maintenance 

it was time for him to retire at the end of the season but it seems really hard for  pro athletes to accept that their bodies are finished 

I wish him the very best in his life and I thank him for making Sundays during NFL season exciting and the Panthers relevant.  Most of all,  for his charity work.

Forever grateful that I got to meet him.  

• Pie 3