• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Cam was great, but I really try to think of him as another team's player (since going to NE).  If he came here, he would try to beat us, and there would be Panther fans cheering for him.  That ain't right.

Considering the player he is now the odds of that are low. Even so if the opportunity happened to arise the actual number of Panthers fans who would root against the Panthers would be minuscule. We really must move beyond this Cam fan silliness from all angles. He will retire a Carolina Panther eventually and that will be all that matters.

28 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Sorry for your loss, complete tragedy.

I didn't know about immunity weakening over time. I know for the longest it was known in medical science that naturally occurring immunity was the best defense with the new science that may be changing. 

It wains on many viruses naturally. That immunity to chicken pox you gained as a kid? Welcome to shingles in your middle age, unless you vaccinate. And then there's the variants thing, which is in a way why you need regular vaccinations against the flu -- variations on a theme (influenza) but new strains popping up each year.

Science always changes in one way and in another it doesn't. Science is a process, it's observations, experimentations and learning, but it is never static and set in stone. The whole universe is in motion from things the size of galaxies to things as small as the quantum particles, so science can never sit still and still do its job.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nothing has changed about my opinion of Mac Jones since he was drafted. Kirk Cousins/Jared Goff is probably his NFL ceiling. If Belichick wins more rings with Mac then I very seriously doubt we see him usurped as the GOAT in our lifetime.

I can agree, I like what I’ve seen from Mac but against guys fighting for ps and roster spots ain’t the same as facing pro bowlers and all pros.

just anti climatic this came down to being vaxxed or not(which I understand from the teams perspective). 

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Albert Breer, a premiere NFL insider disagrees with you.   Cam got beat out by a rookie

Patriots insider Tom Curran did a pretty thorough analysis of their preseason pay beforehand and wrote that Jones should win the starting job but didn't know if he would.

Breer and a lot of other NFL analysts are patting him on the back for it now.

Edited by Mr. Scot

22 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I'm sure Cam would have no issue with playing backup.

WEEI radio in January, before he re-signed with the Patriots: “For me, when I look at the whole situation, if you’re asking me if I want to be a backup? Hell no.”

He may change his tune now but just this year he said he didnt want to go into a back up role

Judging by my username you can probably guess I’m all the way in on getting Cam back (as a backup I’m aware he’s not the former Cam) but who knows if he’d be cool with that/the staff and front office wants that. I think it’d have to be a situation where Cam absolutely knows he’s the number 2 and is accepting of that. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if Cam asked NE to cut him though to see if he could be the starter somewhere. Time will tell.

50 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

He was already walking a thin line, and that Covid incident, coupled with him not being vaccinated was just too much. 

He had Mac beat, but let him back in. I think it’s over, as far as him being a starter. 

Exactly.

Cam really blew it this time.

Mac was going to eventually take over this year anyway.  BB probably thought not to delay the inevitable and get Mac reps now instead of in Week 10 when he has to learn on the job come playoff push time. 

Sucks for Cam, but get the vaccine if that's the case.  He'll get another job when someone has a starter go down, but he's probably going to sit at home for a bit unless he wants a backup job right away. 

the Boston media are scum of the earth, they never liked Cam since he’s been drafted. I’ve never seen a fanbase not in the same division as a team hate a single player the way Boston and that fanbase has hated Cam. And since Cam arrived in ME they have been undermining him.

Look at these dirtbags beat writers tweeting out video of Cam missing a pass in practice, leaving out Jones 

6 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Cam asked NE to cut him though to see if he could be the starter somewhere. Time will tell.

Nothing saying that he asked for it, but Conor Orr theorizes that Belichick could have let Newton go in part to give him a chance to start somewhere else.

The flaw in this theory: I don't know that there's a realistic chance of him starting anywhere else.

• Pie 1