• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

5 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

the Boston media are scum of the earth, they never liked Cam since he’s been drafted. I’ve never seen a fanbase not in the same division as a team hate a single player the way Boston and that fanbase has hated Cam. And since Cam arrived in ME they have been undermining him.

Look at these dirtbags beat writers tweeting out video of Cam missing a pass in practice, leaving out Jones 

Every now and then I'd go to the Pat's forum and subreddit to see how they were talking about Cam and honestly I was surprised by how much they seemed to like him. I saw much more positive stuff about him than negative from the Pat fans. 

5 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

the Boston media are scum of the earth, they never liked Cam since he’s been drafted. I’ve never seen a fanbase not in the same division as a team hate a single player the way Boston and that fanbase has hated Cam. And since Cam arrived in ME they have been undermining him.

Look at these dirtbags beat writers tweeting out video of Cam missing a pass in practice, leaving out Jones 

Yeah they’ve been doing this for two years now, last year with stidham, there won’t be any bias anymore, can’t hide Mac behind cam hate anymore, better hope he can replicate his preseason success against teams starters, tough test with Miami out the gate 

3 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Every now and then I'd go to the Pat's forum and subreddit to see how they were talking about Cam and honestly I was surprised by how much they seemed to like him. I saw much more positive stuff about him than negative from the Pat fans. 

LG says different

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nothing saying that he asked for it, but Conor Orr theorizes that Belichick could have let Newton go in part to give him a chance to start somewhere else.

The flaw in this theory: I don't know that there's a realistic chance of him starting anywhere else.

Bill does what is best for the team. He doesn't give AF about Cam's future or feelings. If he thought he was the best backup QB, he would keep him. He knows Cam isn't going to take it well.  Hoyer is a proven backup QB (as in he knows how to be a backup QB). 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Sorry if this has already been said

The best part of this news is that it means we can all come together as Panthers fan and cheer on Chinn, Horn, Burns and company as they destroy Mac Jones on Nov 8.

I recall a podcast with the guy who started Roaring Riot.  He was saying he wouldn't go to the Panthers vs Pats game because of being a Cam fan. (WTF?)  It's unreal that's supposed to the apex of Panther fandom. I was shocked.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 2

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nothing saying that he asked for it, but Conor Orr theorizes that Belichick could have let Newton go in part to give him a chance to start somewhere else.

The flaw in this theory: I don't know that there's a realistic chance of him starting anywhere else.

For sure I’m in sync with you on both accounts. I could have been them giving him the chance it could have been him asking but outside of Houston and maybe Detroit I’m not certain he’s a definite upgrade at qb at this point in his career. That’s why selfishly I’d like him to come back home.