• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

20 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

This was just no “former player’

when, and if,  Carolina ever has another ‘MVP’’ , let me know.  I don’t see it happening for another decade 

if and when, Carolina is relevant again as a team, period, let me know. 

the nfl is made of star QBs and  ours lasted just a few years  he sold tickets  CMC, as great as is, is just a running back  and people do not pay to see him  

You want to move on, fine, but here you are, commenting  when it’s very apparent what the topic is about 

I love the game of football, shared with my friends,  and that is why I go to Charlotte on Sundays but  I’m under no illusions about what I see on the field now. 

The Panther have not been relevant since inception. Cam provided highlight reels but not relevancy. He was just one player. Still no back to back winning seasons. We won just as many seasons respectively with Delhomme - that ain’t relevancy.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

19 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Let it go.... Due to revenue sharing "selling tickets" is a moot point not to mention PSLs. When did anyone bring CMC into it? Its rare for a non QB to win MVP but AP did it in the last decade.... Let it go Im probably not alone in thinking I would rather see b2b winning seasons and a SB MVP.

I let it go a long time ago.

I have an issue with fans who pretend Newton was just another player. He wasn’t. CMC has been made the de facto face of the Franchise as there is no one else.  He is a fine RB but he does not sell tickets or put butts in the seats   

there aren’t many super bowl teams in the Nfl in 2021 which do not have elite at QB   Tampa was a complete team with an average Qb and then came Brady 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

The Panther have not been relevant since inception. Cam provided highlight reels but not relevancy. He was just one player. Still no back to back winning seasons. We won just as many seasons respectively with Delhomme - that ain’t relevancy.

You cannot deny the relevance Newton provided.  Jake did nit come close. No offense intended.   You say ‘Cam’ and everyone knows who you mean. Not so Delhomme 

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

Judging by my username you can probably guess I’m all the way in on getting Cam back (as a backup I’m aware he’s not the former Cam) but who knows if he’d be cool with that/the staff and front office wants that. I think it’d have to be a situation where Cam absolutely knows he’s the number 2 and is accepting of that. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if Cam asked NE to cut him though to see if he could be the starter somewhere. Time will tell.

The only possibility I can think of off the top of my head is the Texans.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Tell me you’re full of poo without telling me you’re full of a poo.

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

I let it go a long time ago.

I have an issue with fans who pretend Newton was just another player. He wasn’t. CMC has been made the de facto face of the Franchise as there is no one else.  He is a fine RB but he does not sell tickets or put butts in the seats   

there aren’t many super bowl teams in the Nfl in 2021 which do not have elite at QB   Tampa was a complete team with an average Qb and then came Brady 

Totally "complete" after adding Gronk, Brown, Fournette, and a buncha other dudes I am sure I am forgetting.

Edited by cardiackat88.

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yeah, it's not like we made it to the NFC Championship game in our second season. Or fought Green Bay on the last day of the season in the "Whoever Wins By The Most Points" Bowl.

I lived in central Massachusetts for years... Nobody knew any Panthers save some people that knew Smitty until Cam was drafted. Plenty of people would talk about Cam, knew about Cam, etc in the early/mid 2010s, and we'd talk Panthers etc, the games vs the Pats... So yeah. Cam brought national attention to the team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Tell me you’re full of poo without telling me you’re full of a poo.

Which part?

Highlight reels - check

Bo back to back winning seasons? -check

Delhomme 2003-2009

3 playoffs 1 Super bowl

Cam 2011-2019*

4 playoffs 1 Super bowl

6 years vs. 8 (but don’t know if you wanna count 2)

Tell me how one era all of a sudden was transformed to relevancy. Sorry, it stayed the same.

And to help your comprehension, because I feel that is coming, let’s be clear this isn’t a comparison of QBs but rather the era they played in and the team’s relevancy to the NFL.

I get it, as Panther fans a successful season means relevant to us but in reality relevancy is a phase of consistent success relatively speaking.

9 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Yeah, it's not like we made it to the NFC Championship game in our second season. Or fought Green Bay on the last day of the season in the "Whoever Wins By The Most Points" Bowl.

I guess we measure relevant to the NFL differently. You seem to measure it by a single season, perhaps a single game whereas I do not.

15 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I lived in central Massachusetts for years... Nobody knew any Panthers save some people that knew Smitty until Cam was drafted. Plenty of people would talk about Cam, knew about Cam, etc in the early/mid 2010s, and we'd talk Panthers etc, the games vs the Pats... So yeah. Cam brought national attention to the team.

I guess I am learning how people define being relevant and your bar is national attention.

Personally I see it being relevant as a consistent team that were always favorites as a result of a long term string of success.

I’m sorry but a team that has not back to back winning seasons has never been relevant speaking from a team’s success - which as a fan is honestly all I see to care about.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I guess I am learning how people define being relevant and your bar is national attention.

Personally I see it being relevant as a consistent team that were always favorites as a result of a long term string of success.

I’m sorry but a team that has not back to back winning seasons has never been relevant speaking from a team’s success - which as a fan is honestly all I see to care about.

Analysts were regularly picking us to win our division before Cams injuries, and we won 3 straight division crowns with him. I'm sorry if you don't think that's relevant nationally, we don't have to agree, but I disagree.

• Pie 1