• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

20 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Woooooow.  Wtf?!?!?!?  Belichick is a fuging asshole.  After all that talk about him and Cam having a bond?  Cam deserved so much better..

I hope Mac Jones sucks ass.

Why do you hope Mac Jones sucks because Cam was cut? Cam I'm sure will be just fine and is set for life as well as could find amazing work elsewhere in many things if he decides to hang up the cleats. Mac Jones I know nothing about at all and don't care either way but I also don't understand the hate for him just because he beat Can out? Good God man it's football and no move any teams makes including ours affects your life in any way. Do something that relaxes you and take a few deep breaths. I loved Cam too but somehow I'm betting with the kind of person Cam is and with his charisma that he STILL continues to make a fortune and lives his best life as he always has. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I never understood what the misunderstanding actually was to begin with?

“On Saturday, Cam Newton traveled to a Club-approved medical appointment that required him to leave the New England area,” the team said in a statement.

“He received daily Covid tests, which were all negative. Due to a misunderstanding about tests conducted away from NFL facilities, and as required by the NFL-NFLPA protocols, Cam will be subject to the five-day entry cadence process before returning to the facility. Cam will continue participating virtually in team activities and return to the club facility on Thursday, August 26.”

https://www.patspulpit.com/2021/8/23/22637920/cam-newton-misunderstanding-covid-19-protocols-patriots-nfl-practice

Just eyeballing it, it appears he may have gotten his Covid test while he was at the medical appointment instead of getting it at the team facility. 

Edited by cardiackat88.

19 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I lost my first cousin yesterday morning to Covid. He was just a year older than me, but otherwise medically the same. He'd had his first dose of the vaccine but was three days shy of getting the second shot when he caught the virus. He spent three agonizing weeks in the hospital and his final three days intubated. He left behind a wife and two kids (both in their early 20s). He was the picture of health, happy and beloved. Now, he's gone.

So sorry for your loss.  So many tragedies...it is a world I never imagined.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Why do you hope Mac Jones sucks because Cam was cut? Cam I'm sure will be just fine and is set for life as well as could find amazing work elsewhere in many things if he decides to hang up the cleats. Mac Jones I know nothing about at all and don't care either way but I also don't understand the hate for him just because he beat Can out? Good God man it's football and no move any teams makes including ours affects your life in any way. Do something that relaxes you and take a few deep breaths. I loved Cam too but somehow I'm betting with the kind of person Cam is and with his charisma that he STILL continues to make a fortune and lives his best life as he always has. 

I agree Cam will be fine regardless...  my reaction was due to multiple factors...  Cam got a raw deal, both here and in New England.  I don't think Mac beat him out or is even a better QB than Cam right now.  And aside from Cam just getting a raw deal, it really feels like Belichick used him and then threw him out like yesterday's garbage.  Also, Mac seems like a douche, I don't care very much for Alabama, and I hated New England prior to Cam being there, so now I'm free to hate them again and hoping they have a horrible season...  so, that's why I hope Mac sucks ass.

And as always, I get a bit in my feelings about Cam because he's had to overcome great odds to get to the point he did while he played for us...  to go from a maligned dropout who ended up playing JUCO, to come all the way back, win a hesiman, a college chip, ROTY, carrying us to a Superbowl, and becoming a league MVP???  That's unreal.  There's teams that have been in the league for decades longer than us and have never had a league MVP.  And yet, through all that, he was still called "Scam," he always had his past thrown in his face, and was constantly trashed by media and fans alike.  Meanwhile, he was out working in the community, and throwing parties for terminally ill children, while ensuring that no media was made aware of it initially, because he did it from his heart.  So, I always related to him personally...  I have been counted out and had my past used against me at various points in my life.  I know what it feels like to be the kid headed down the wrong path, only to redeem yourself, and yet still, people only latch onto your shortcomings.  So, I've always pulled for Cam a little extra than most.  And then, to add onto that, all of the glory and magic he brought to our team, our state, and our region through his play and charisma - there will never be another Cam Newton in a Panthers uniform.  He should be honored as such.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

You cannot deny the relevance Newton provided.  Jake did nit come close. No offense intended.   You say ‘Cam’ and everyone knows who you mean. Not so Delhomme 

But the funny thing is, most people outside of the fanbase know "Cam" because of a stolen laptop, dabbing, crazy running plays, and his drama ... not what team he was on, not the record that team had, not how good he made the team, etc.

Cam Newton made us the CAMOLINA PANTHERS from day one, and has done nothing but stir up arguments, hate, racism, blind homer loyalty, rage for the team organization, hypocricy from all sides, and all sorts of other crap that takes away from the team.

He took us to the Playoffs (as did Jake) and we will go back again. But I for one will be happy to enjoy the CAROLINA Panthers again, enjoy the team again, enjoy this board again. The polarization Newton created can finally end ... one day. Hopefully next season. Go Panthers.

Football Nfl GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

From those not emotionally attached to players, NE coach would certainly be one, if it were a tie in abilities, then the fact that a QB might be on and off COVID protocols and possible cause others to be on protocols, would certainly mess up game planning each week.  Not that Cam would not be beneficial for the team, but the NFL came down with rules that each coach has to abide by, so Cam on outside looking in now.