• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

22 minutes ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

I was bummed to hear this news on Tuesday. I really can't see anyone picking him up... maybe the Niners if they do end up shipping out Jimmy G, but really all teams seemed to be locked in already. I bet if he really wanted to, Cam can make a splash in Hollywood as an action movie star. lol

Cam isn't The Rock....I see Cam doing commercials, but I just don't think he's movie material.  Maybe some supporting actor spots.

24 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I call BS.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Car123 said:

I call BS.

maybe, maybe not...but if newton doesn't have a full grasp of the offense, that would explain ted johnson's take on cam newton vs. eagles.

"I think we need to pump the brakes on that," Johnson said Friday on 98.5 The Sports Hub's Felger & Mazz. "If you rewatch the film, and I did before the show, something just kind of jumped out at me. When you go back and look at it again, and you look at the plays in which he had success on. Everyone's talking about he had three passes in one drive, the second drive of the game in which the third pass that traveled more than 10 yards was Jakobi Meyers for a touchdown. Those three plays, all of them had something in common that nobody is really talking about.

"Those were nice throws, nice completions, he looked like he was in rhythm, very confident. Every single one of those were what they call a max protection play, meaning you only put two guys out into the pass routes. You keep more guys in to block than you would otherwise. It's a very simple read. It's two guys and they do crossing routes, and either one or the other is open or you throw the ball away."

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

To be called an NFL QB you have to be one of the best of the best.  Even if you were never more than a career backup.

Cam was an NFL MVP, you don't get awarded that honor without a lot of knowledge, effort and ability.

some of the best players in the league have gone to foxboro and struggled.

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Cam broke Rob's ankles and he's still salty about that.

If Cam couldn't grasp the playbook, he wouldn't have been re-signed.

I agree with this. We've heard the same shitty narrative from people outside orgs about Cam his entire career.  Surprisingly the shitty narrative is the same one applied to most QBs with his skin color.  Who would have thought?

The idea Cam can't pick up a playbook is bullshit. To the extent that QBs help each other learn, sure. The idea that Jones walks in and teaches cam the playbook? Bullshit.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Cam broke Rob's ankles and he's still salty about that.

If Cam couldn't grasp the playbook, he wouldn't have been re-signed.

We really though we could turn Nate Chandler into an offensive lineman 😅

• Pie 1

He is a Patriot.  Was a Patriot.  Not a Panther any longer.  Time to not care.

I want Cam to do well in the next phase of his life, but I am a Panther fan, not any one player is more important than that.  And when a player goes to another team, he becomes part of the enemy--nothing more.

Sorry if that hurts some feelings.  Cam was a great guy here, and that is all I care about.  Did he know New England's playbook?  I am not going to defend him or attack him, because I do not know enough about it.

Here is what we know:

Cam was a great athlete and we did not see him screwing up here, but the playbook was modified to his college game and skill set.  Brady and New England had 20 years to develop a very complex playbook.  Did they expect Cam to adopt that in a season?  I dunno.

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1