• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talented Unvaccinated Players Getting Cut

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

....You can still get the Vid if vaxed...then what...

Much MUCH less likely to spread if every single person is also vaccinated.

The unvaxxed person (or persons) make it a liability to continue spreading between each other.

That's the version I understand anyways.

I still for the life of me cannot figure out why 50,000 people are allowed in a stadium if they have a vaccine card without having to have a negative test (meaning they may be positive and can spread to unvaxxed people) and are in the same vicinity of unvaxxed people who have a negative test. All of this with zero social distancing or masks.

If this was as serious as they are trying to make it out to be, everyone should prove their vaccination, have a negative test, and still social distance with masks once inside the stadium.

• Pie 2

18 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

If you could sue over a vaccine mandate, I'm guessing you wouldn't have any schools or employers instituting a mandate as it would be too much of a legal liability.

Not a lawyer but guessing that courts might be more inclined to let schools and essential businesses get away with vaccine mandates vs non essential entertainment businesses like a pro sports league. We have to make the food and distribute it, likewise the medicine etc. We don't *have* to have football.

But personally I'd get pretty twitchy without it.

JUST STICK IT IN MY ARM ALREADY! YEAH RIGHT IN THE VEIN!   ahhhh yeah that play action feels good.

2 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Much MUCH less likely to spread if every single person is also vaccinated.

The unvaxxed person (or persons) make it a liability to continue spreading between each other.

That's the version I understand anyways.

I still for the life of me cannot figure out why 50,000 people are allowed in a stadium if they have a vaccine card without having to have a negative test (meaning they may be positive and can spread to unvaxxed people) and are in the same vicinity of unvaxxed people who have a negative test. All of this with zero social distancing or masks.

If this was as serious as they are trying to make it out to be, everyone should prove their vaccination, have a negative test, and still social distance with masks once inside the stadium.

The overwhelming bulk of the remaining unvaccinated people have zero interest in being vaccinated nor care about the risks. There is a point where you can only protect people from themselves but so much. If you really want to stop that, you would not allow unvaccinated people into NFL stadiums under any conditions. The practicality of that in the US is muddy, at best. 

We also generally accept that the vaccinated have far lower rates of hospitalization and death, even if they can still get sick and potentially spread the virus. I don't want to make this false equivalency, but we do accept this kind of risk of spreading sickness with the flu every season. 

At the end of the day, the money is gonna win out and it has.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

42 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Not a lawyer but guessing that courts might be more inclined to let schools and essential businesses get away with vaccine mandates vs non essential entertainment businesses like a pro sports league. We have to make the food and distribute it, likewise the medicine etc. We don't *have* to have football.

But personally I'd get pretty twitchy without it.

JUST STICK IT IN MY ARM ALREADY! YEAH RIGHT IN THE VEIN!   ahhhh yeah that play action feels good.

I disagree. The only big snag in the NFL being able to mandate that is that they have to deal with the NFLPA and, to some extent, public perception. It has nothing to do with it being more at risk of being sued versus the public sector or private sector.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The overwhelming bulk of the remaining unvaccinated people have zero interest in being vaccinated nor care about the risks. There is a point where you can only protect people from themselves but so much. If you really want to stop that, you would not allow unvaccinated people into NFL stadiums under any conditions. The practicality of that in the US is muddy, at best. 

We also generally accept that the vaccinated have far lower rates of hospitalization and death, even if they can still get sick and potentially spread the virus. I don't want to make this false equivalency, but we do accept this kind of risk of spreading sickness the flu every season. 

At the end of the day, the money is gonna win out and it has.

Exactly.

Why do you think travel restrictions to and from Europe were so eased conveniently through tourism months, and are now being enforced again?

Its not "Americans are a risk for Delta", its "you made your money and now time to go back into safe mode"

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

....You can still get the Vid if vaxed...then what...

I have a friend who's entire family was vaccinated but they all have it now.  I know a few other vaccinated people who caught it also.  The percentage of vaccinated people in the hospital is going up also and that is something I want to know more about.

• Pie 1

This is what I do not get. I don't mind if the NFL makes players gets Vaxxed, its a private business they have that right. I have since the beginning of this whole Virus debacle calling out hypocricy and unequal rules. The NFL rule states "If there is a Covid outbreak due to Unvaccinated players, then teams forfeit the games if Quranatine is warranted"... Why dont they say " If there is a COVID outbreak, the team has to Qurantine and forfiet games" Why does the Vaccination status matter? The outbreak could be from a vaccinated player.. This is just unequal regulations. 

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I have a friend who's entire family was vaccinated but they all have it now.  I know a few other vaccinated people who caught it also.  The percentage of vaccinated people in the hospital is going up also and that is something I want to know more about.

And your friend and his family are also much more likely to have a swift recovery and not get shoved on a ventilator and die and horrible death. 

Also - please link a reputable source about vaxed folks hospital cases rising or I’m gonna report you for spreading misinformation and lies. You have until noon. 

Just now, Devil Doc said:

This is what I do not get. I don't mind if the NFL makes players gets Vaxxed, its a private business they have that right. I have since the beginning of this whole Virus debacle calling out hypocricy and unequal rules. The NFL rule states "If there is a Covid outbreak due to Unvaccinated players, then teams forfeit the games if Quranatine is warranted"... Why dont they say " If there is a COVID outbreak, the team has to Qurantine and forfiet games" Why does the Vaccination status matter? The outbreak could be from a vaccinated player.. This is just unequal regulations. 

I’m guessing the “doc” in your name does not stand for doctor 

3 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Look at hospitalization rages and death rates for vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. Unequal indeed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1