• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As of this moment there are 10 rookies on the Panthers roster

Zod

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

In a way thats a bad thing. 

How?

Realistically, the start of this teams competitive window opens next year if they’re able to take another step forward this season.

This year you want to see 7-9 wins. 7 wouldn’t be the best of leaps but it’s progress. Pending on how we lose those games I suppose. 

Next year you want to see them flirting with one of those wildcard spots or just sneaking in.

Then we’ll have all these rookies going into year 3 ready to make a real push hopefully. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

How?

Realistically, the start of this teams competitive window opens next year if they’re able to take another step forward this season.

This year you want to see 7-9 wins. 7 wouldn’t be the best of leaps but it’s progress. Pending on how we lose those games I suppose. 

Next year you want to see them flirting with one of those wildcard spots or just sneaking in.

Then we’ll have all these rookies going into year 3 ready to make a real push hopefully. 

Means you have a weak roster. This is a perception deal. Also if you use 11 picks you want all of them to make the team rather than 5 of them. Still when 10 rookies make your NFL team its good/bad.

I think the 2022 draft needs to be another 2021 one....... its hurts badly thats theres no 2nd, 4th, 6th and maybe 7th(kicker)....yea Finesserererere can trade back to pile picks......but this team needs talent not ten 6th round lottery tickets. 

*If all gos well, team is another year off....thats one big IF...two MORE years maybe the correct solution.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, w280sax said:

I remember at least noticing some good play by everyone except Nixon.  Did he play well in the preseason and I didn't notice or remember?  I know there was a lot of hype around him.

At the moment Nixon looks the part (i.e. he's a freak athlete for the position), but he needs to work on his technique. Too often he was getting...well I don't want to say stonewalled by the OL as he had disengaged and was looking to make a play on our side of the line of scrimmage, but he wasn't getting much penetration. 

We'd be stupid to cut him - let him rotate in and spend the rest of his time refining his game. 

I still think he's going to be a good player for us. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Means you have a weak roster. This is a perception deal. Also if you use 11 picks you want all of them to make the team rather than 5 of them. Still when 10 rookies make your NFL team its good/bad.

I think the 2022 draft needs to be another 2021 one....... its hurts badly thats theres no 2nd, 4th, 6th and maybe 7th(kicker)....yea Finesserererere can trade back to pile picks......but this team needs talent not ten 6th round lottery tickets. 

*If all gos well, team is another year off....thats one big IF...two MORE years maybe the correct solution.

We won 5 games last year and prior to the season most predicted we’d finish with 1-2 wins. Many said we had the worst roster in the league. So of course we have a weak roster. 

But in order to rebuild the roster you need to hit on your draft picks. Not only does it seem like they’ve drafted well but they also traded back a ton and found 10 guys. That’s a huge step forward in terms of rebuilding this roster.

This takes time.

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

We won 5 games last year and prior to the season most predicted we’d finish with 1-2 wins. Many said we had the worst roster in the league. So of course we have a weak roster. 

But in order to rebuild the roster you need to hit on your draft picks. Not only does it seem like they’ve drafted well but they also traded back a ton and found 10 guys. That’s a huge step forward in terms of rebuilding this roster.

This takes time.

Not meaning to poop on fans hopes, just playing the asss role about this. 10 rookies on a weak roster doesnt mean they are hits. If you look at my history (plenty still on the first page via draft forum), I thought days after this class maybe the best in 26 panther years. Im trying to hold back those feelings, doing the same for you/others.  My rule is 2nd FULL off-season before I judge rookies*unless cut or 1st all-pro.....The LS was a mistake and I hope NFL doesnt look into the BS IR of Tommy boy... 

This is a big year for Rhules build, I hope he does start something that has a long lasting winning tradition. I do see why hes lost hair and almost a full grey as well, I hope to be impressed this year..... 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Not meaning to poop on fans hopes, just playing the asss role about this. 10 rookies on a weak roster doesnt mean they are hits. If you look at my history (plenty still on the first page via draft forum), I thought days after this class maybe the best in 26 panther years. Im trying to hold back those feelings, doing the same for you/others.  My rule is 2nd FULL off-season before I judge rookies*unless cut or 1st all-pro.....The LS was a mistake and I hope NFL doesnt look into the BS IR of Tommy boy... 

This is a big year for Rhules build, I hope he does start something that has a long lasting winning tradition. I do see why hes lost hair and almost a full grey as well, I hope to be impressed this year..... 

Yeah totally, I get what you’re saying. You’re right though, this is a big year for Rhule and this rebuild.

4 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

After a couple decades of 1 and done drafts, this is strange and foreign to me.  

You’re telling me, we could have added more than 1 rookie at a time?

I don’t know sounds like a bunch of hooey, a fad, like this spider net or web world or whatever the kids are playing checkers on these days.  Slackers.

Notable one & done drafts over the last 15 years with two honorable mentions. Only listing the one standout

2005 ‐ Thomas Davis
2009 - Captain Munnerlyn(yes our 7th rounder)
2011 - Cam Newton
2014 ‐ James Bradberry

*2019 - Brian Burns (Dennis Daley is our last hope)
*2008 Jonathan Stewart subject to debate based upon your opinion of Godfrey and Otah

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

Notable one & done drafts over the last 15 years with two honorable mentions. Only listing the one standout

2005 ‐ Thomas Davis
2009 - Captain Munnerlyn(yes our 7th rounder)
2011 - Cam Newton
2014 ‐ James Bradberry

*2019 - Brian Burns (Dennis Daley is our last hope)
*2008 Jonathan Stewart subject to debate based upon your opinion of Godfrey and Otah

Wasn't Bradberry 2016?