• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup QB possibilities

Zod

I wish the NFL had a developmental/minor league where they could develop QBs and other players that just need some training and experience. QBs are the hardest to develop because they won’t get any playing time in a real game. No telling how many good QBs are out there if they just gave them a shot. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Cam isn’t returning to Charlotte and Rhule doesn’t want him. It would be a circus with him on this team. Let him go somewhere and hopefully get a ring before his arm falls off.

You simply can't sign Newton as a backup QB if you're the Panthers. It'd be a circus. 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Oldschool Leroy said:

Reid Sinett from Miami. I hope he gets a tryout

I'm not sure you can take the risk. We're only carrying two QBs it seems, so you can't really have your primary backup be a guy that's got zero NFL experience.

As a third string, development QB (which I ALWAYS think you should carry) he'd be ideal. Alas that's not in Rhule's plans this year. 

• Pie 1