• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waiver wire and free agent folly. Who we getting?

Zod

6 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

Help me understand how the waiver claims works. Are you required to accept every player you put a claim in on and then got awarded? Take a ridiculous example. Say they put a claim in on the Ravens kicker but since they think that the Lions, who just cut both of theirs, are going to take him. So they put a claim in on another kicker. Turns out the Lions don't take the Ravens kicker and we are awarded both of them. What happens? Can we say yes to one and no thanks to the other or do we have to take both and cut 2 players to make spots for both of them? 

You don't put in a claim on a player you don't really want.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

First it was a side-gig as a baseball player, and now at this ripe old age trying to make a go of it in the NFL while moonlighting as an NBA owner. God bless 'em.

Jordan “retired” for baseball because he was going to get suspended for gambling. It’s why the mob whacked his father. This was a “secret probation” cover up from the nba not wanting to bring the heat. 

3 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

That neatly skirted answering the question. The question was "Are you required to sign every player you put a claim in on and get awarded?"

Yes, and we take on whatever contract they had when they were cut.

That's why you would never put in a claim on a player you don't want to sign.

Stupid question but I don't know the answer:

When you put in a waiver claim, are you taking on a players old contract and any remaining years they had under contract or how does the contract work. 

Edit.  I see Mr. Scot posted the answer right before I asked.

Edited by w280sax