• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A trade is a coming....

Zod

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

So if a trade is coming to address linebacker I'm all for it. But I'm curious, can anyone identify a back OT around the league who would likely be available for trade assets reasonable for a non starter?

I don't know that I would expect to see a blockbuster deal for anyone. So, if that is the case, it will be interesting to see what deal(s) we end up accomplishing.

Do we want to give up much more 2022 draft capital?

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know that I would expect to see a blockbuster deal for anyone. So, if that is the case, it will be interesting to see what deal(s) we end up accomplishing.

Well kind of my underlying point was, given the demand for good tackles, I kind of doubt there is anyone out there worth having that we could acquire for anything we're willing to give up for a non starter. I just think any team with quality OT backups is already keenly aware that they are only one bad play away from that player protecting their QB. I doubt they're gonna give up that backup tackle for anything reasonable, and let's be blunt here, the few organizations dumb enough to do so aren't the kind that tend to have quality depth.

Do YOU want whoever is the Jets/Jags/Lions backup swing OT?

Edited by 1of10Charnatives
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Same. If there's anything, I feel like it'll be for depth, not a starter.

5 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Well kind of my underlying point was, given the demand for good tackles, I kind of doubt there is anyone out there worth having that we could acquire for anything we're willing to give up for a non starter. I just think any team with quality OT backups is already keenly aware that they are only one bad play away from that player protecting their QB. I doubt they're gonna give up that backup tackle for anything reasonable, and let's be blunt here, the few organizations dumb enough to do so aren't the kind that tend to have quality depth.

Do YOU want whoever is the Jets/Jags/Lions backup swing OT?

I mean....it might not be a stretch to say they could be an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Same. If there's anything, I feel like it'll be for depth, not a starter.

I have my doubts we make any more deals. Fitt loves to trade but trading picks for bottom of the roster churn over and over doesn't really seem like it will net much for this cycle.

But, the dude did get draft picks for literally nobodies, so maybe he can pull another miracle. 

• Pie 2

Just now, La Pantera said:

We're only carrying two RBs and no PR. But hopefully we don't use future picks to fill those spots.

I feel like Bonnafon has done enough in the past and shown enough that if they were gonna carry 3 RB's they would have kept him. Keeping only 2 RB's when your stud was injured most of the season and his backup is a rookie worries me. I do like what I've seen out of Chuba a lot but....

...oh wait, I just remembered, RB is the one position where you can go find a guy on Monday from the street who can get you 4 yards a carry next Sunday. We're good.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have my doubts we make any more deals. Fitt loves to trade but trading picks for bottom of the roster churn over and over doesn't really seem like it will net much for this cycle.

But, the dude did get draft picks for literally nobodies, so maybe he can pull another miracle. 

I mean if you wanted to go tinfoil hat and throw out some wild scenarios, trading for Duane Brown is about the only one I could think of that could conceivably really happen.

I'm not expecting anything like that though.

• Beer 2