• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A trade is a coming....

Zod

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Why would be trade the best player in one of our weakest positions? I don't think we are going to make any player trades that are for much other than picks. Or, the players we would trade certainly wouldn't garner much in return.

Seahawks did this with Max Unger.... and they regretted every minute of that trade.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Why would be trade the best player in one of our weakest positions? I don't think we are going to make any player trades that are for much other than picks. Or, the players we would trade certainly wouldn't garner much in return.

On the flip side, who would want to trade for Shaq Thompson and that contract? He's a fairly league-average linebacker making better than league-average money. Besides, it would put Carolina on the hook for nearly $19M in dead cap money.

• Beer 1

Video Games Dancing GIF by Justin Gammon

There is no way I would trade bacon for eggs, and if you threw in the toast, I'd still go "no."  Isn't the topic hypothetical trades that we can't predict?  But Bacon--I am not trading, I don't care how versatile an egg is, or how much potential it has. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2
  • The D 1

You know, I've been wondering, with all the focus with the Texans being on Watson, I've been pondering whether to wipe the slate clean from the BOB regime, if they'd be willing to move Tunsil?  It would be a good time to do it, considering they don't even plan on playing Watson as of now and have no immediate answer at QB.  So why not just hit a complete reset?

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

You know, I've been wondering, with all the focus with the Texans being on Watson, I've been pondering whether to wipe the slate clean from the BOB regime, if they'd be willing to move Tunsil?  It would be a good time to do it, considering they don't even plan on playing Watson as of now and have no immediate answer at QB.  So why not just hit a complete reset?

What would it take to get Tunsil? 

I'm thinking it would be Smith or another Dallas linebacker that can move inside.

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

We are running a little low on draft picks next year.  They seem to value them highly. I'm skeptical that we are going to or should trade more of them away. 

Yep, we don't have the Draft capital to make any more trades. Only trades I see happening are guys leaving - but we couldn't even get anything for Moore so I doubt that happens.

This is the roster, bar the odd FA shuffle.